Paint stripping

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I need to remove paint from some small metal parts but sanding is not an option due to their size and awkward shape.
I had some parts powdered coated on my last car and the guy soaked the parts in some liquid for several hours and all the paint just fell off.
Is there any thing like it that I can buy in the shop or can any one recommend a liquid that will remove the paint with out damaging the metal?

You could try Nitromors. A mate of mine and I once stripped an old Land Rover back to bare metal using this stuff. Sounds like it might be just the ticket. I would suggest just brushing it on to the parts you want to strip.

Nitromors does sound like it'll do the job for you - but if they're really small and fiddly it might be difficult to get all the residue off and it might affect the final paint finish. Any shotblasters should be able to do this for you and it'll only be a few quid. I occasionally get my hands dirty restoring motorbikes and I usually just bung them one box of filthy bits for powdercoating and another box of parts just for blasting.