Rubbing Compound?

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
Hi guys

Can someone tell me what effect this will give if i do the complete bonnet with it (I've only used it on my headlights....lol) ?

Rubbing-Compound_hi.jpg

The reason i ask is because i had about a million chips all over my bonnet and went over it today with some touch up paint (not the best of jobs as the chips now look more like scabs), and it say on the tube that it can be used to blend paint.

Will it leave a polished look on the paint work or more of a haze that will need to be polished back to a shine?

Thanks guys ;)

DONT DO IT!!!! Buy some Menzerna 203s from PB and a Lakes light cut pad (orange one). Thats probably the best you guna get unless a pro detailer gets busy with a rotary/orbital. That or wet sanding which is not as hard/easy to get wrong as people think. You could always get the bonnet resprayed. Will only cost you a ton.

To be honest - 203s and the light cut hand pad isn't going to achieve what you need it to, not even close in fact. I was using this duo over the weekend to 'revive' my front skirt/spoiler a little and whilst it yielded a fantastic shine, I don't think the cut is going to be strong enough to smooth things out. It's a great product and it will vastly improve fine marring and light swirls but don't ask too much of it for cutting back paint by hand. As mentioned above your going to need some machine polishing to take care of your bonnet.

One more thing - don't touch that CarPlan product with a barge pole...

farecla compound is what you need with a rotary buffer.