S3 Sportback 2010

The Cardinal

For the love of cars
Reaction score
I recently got my hands on my 2010 S3 Sportback, finished in Brilliant Red (i.e. non-metallic).

Given that the odometer was only on 9,300 when I picked it up, the condition of the paint wasn't as good as you might hope! My old '06 A3 2.0T quattro was treated to a couple of details using Glare sealant by Joe's Detailing Services - and the finish of the paint was considerably better.

I'll get a professional car detail early next year (after winter), so I decided to see what improvements I could make in the meantime. I have a load of old Autoglym products from days of old, which I'm reliably told aren't the best - but using them up does mean that I spent no money! :)

Due to having an 18-month-old girl, I only had time to take a couple of pics at the end, but briefly the process was:

- Hand wash (Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner)
- Tar spot removal (Autoglym Tar Remover)
- Clay bar (Meguiars)
- Stage 1 cleanse (Meguiars)
- Stage 2 polish (Autoglym Super Resin Polish)
- Stage 3 seal (Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection)

It seems that the car ran up its miles in about 6 months of use, prior to sitting in a dealer's compound for about another 5 months (and having several mechanical washes by the looks of things). I've managed to remove the worst of the obvious swirls, but will leave the hard work to the pro's!

Brilliant Red is a b*tch of a colour in that it shows up every flaw, but it really stands out on a sunny day! :D With apologies to the 8P forum, who may have seen these pics before!

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg

Last edited:
I recently got my hands on my 2010 S3 Sportback, finished in Brilliant Red (i.e. non-metallic).

Given that the odometer was only on 9,300 when I picked it up, the condition of the paint wasn't as good as you might hope! My old '06 A3 2.0T quattro was treated to a couple of details using Glare sealant by Joe's Detailing Services - and the finish of the paint was considerably better.

I'll get a professional car detail early next year (after winter), so I decided to see what improvements I could make in the meantime. I have a load of old Autoglym products from days of old, which I'm reliably told aren't the best - but using them up does mean that I spent no money! :)

Due to having an 18-month-old girl, I only had time to take a couple of pics at the end, but briefly the process was:

- Hand wash (Autoglym Bodywork Shampoo Conditioner)
- Tar spot removal (Autoglym Tar Remover)
- Clay bar (Meguiars)
- Stage 1 cleanse (Meguiars)
- Stage 2 polish (Autoglym Super Resin Polish)
- Stage 3 seal (Autoglym Extra Gloss Protection)

It seems that the car ran up its miles in about 6 months of use, prior to sitting in a dealer's compound for about another 5 months (and having several mechanical washes by the looks of things). I've managed to remove the worst of the obvious swirls, but will leave the hard work to the pro's!

Brilliant Red is a b*tch of a colour in that it shows up every flaw, but it really stands out on a sunny day! :D With apologies to the 8P forum, who may have seen these pics before!

IMG_1799.jpg

IMG_1794.jpg
No need to apologise, show it off!