Dirty Dubber

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
We had a mk5 GTI booked in for the full monty including full longlife service, new brakes all round
wheel refurb, interior clean up and a full paint correction.

when i was handed the car i set out finding why the car felt down on power so me and the main man Rhys
went and dome some scans and logs on the car. a faulty MAF seemed to be letting the performance down so
it was replaced from VW.

as the owner wanted refurb i got the wheels off to do the brakes and inspected the rims to find 1 had a
big buckle and a crack in the alloy and the other one which had a buckle. the refurb could not take place now
so new wheels were ordered with new tyres for the fronts as the car had 3 deifferent types of tyre on
ranging from 225/35/18 upto 255/45/18 which certain.ly wasnt helping the ride on the golf.
225/40/18 were ordered so the car now has correct tyres all round and some new fresh rims aswel.

the car needs to be logged again as it still doesnt seem quick enough but im biased as i drive my S4
with enough torque to nearly double that of a mk5 GTI. Rhys will do logging again to see if we can find
where the power has gone.

once the car was fully serviced, new rims, new tyres, new MAF and brakes it was time to start on the paint
correction.

products used:

G101
Snow foam combi
A/S tardis
Wolfs deironiser
Zaino Z18 clay
Zymol shampoo
Menz FG/S500
Menz 3.02
Menz 85RD
L/C yellow cutting pad
L/C black 2 tone finnese pad
Poorboys black hole
CG Blacklight sealant
Megs tyre gel
AG VBC

first we had to inspect the car, the car has seen damage to drivers side via an accident so we needed to take care
around the area when usuing the machines.
car was APC'd all round prior to washing to remove traffic film etc then pressure washed off
the car was then treated to the snow foam combi which acts like a TFR. all gaps, door shuts, petrol caps, grill gaps
were agitated with a detailing brush. then proceeded to pressure wash off the snowfoam and then wash the car with the usual
2 B/M and zymol shampoo.

we then used tardis on the lower half of the car to minimise damage to the clay. wiped off with a terry cloth to remove
most contaminants before the claying session.

car was fully de-contamintaed and washed again then dried off and pulled inside for inspection.
masking was done of all areas and gaps and the lights went on to see what were were dealing with. ill lert the pics do the
talking from here.

018-1.jpg

003-1.jpg

016-1-1.jpg

DSCF0855-1.jpg

DSCF0738-1.jpg

008-2.jpg

DSCF0776-1.jpg

IMG_3150-1.jpg

IMG_3148-1.jpg

IMG_3157-1.jpg

DSCF0883-1.jpg

Nice job, must be very rewarding to see the difference a bit of hard graft and good products can make to a car.

Interior looked like one big ashtray!

Been following this car detail since your first posts, I just realised it was an 05 plate car, first impressions was it was an old old Gti ! WOW what a transformation ! I would love to know how you got the scratches out pictures 2 and 4 down right hand column), I have similar on my near side due to branches and country lanes !

Stunning job, looks like a new car.

unfortuntaely mate deep scratches like that cannot come out without seeing paint. the scratch was reduced around it but something that deep(down to primer) needs painting.

what a trasformation there boyo's well done indeed i bet you were glad to get that thing out of your garage did you give the owner a slap from me grant lmfao

bang tidy grant awesome vid matey one word scratches lol i bet you had fun gettting some of those out by the door handle , was it a chicks car by any chance ??

no fran it was a guys car. women are cleaner than that lol

all paint was defect free apart from the drivers side accident damage and the few deep scratches that were not able to come out

great job its like night and day the difference from when it came in to going out

no fran it was a guys car. women are cleaner than that lol

all paint was defect free apart from the drivers side accident damage and the few deep scratches that were not able to come out
ah right i just assumed because of all the scratches by the drivers door area typical of a chicks car that is , im still amazed at how bad it was such a filthy car and ive seen some rats in my time but that is one of the worst for a good long while

Hi Guys,
Did you give him a good slap or was it a case of taking him into a mine and losing him!! Great job done on the car but pity it is wasted on a knob!! You will have to start filtering your clients:gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2: