EM TuningSky Insurance

Thread: Dirty Dubber

Fully Certified Detailer!!

Status

Dirty Dubber

We had a mk5 GTI booked in for the full monty including full longlife service, new brakes all round
    wheel refurb, interior clean up and a full paint correction.

when i was handed the car i set out finding why the car felt down on power so me and the main man Rhys
    went and dome some scans and logs on the car. a faulty MAF seemed to be letting the performance down so
    it was replaced from VW.

as the owner wanted refurb i got the wheels off to do the brakes and inspected the rims to find 1 had a
    big buckle and a crack in the alloy and the other one which had a buckle. the refurb could not take place now
    so new wheels were ordered with new tyres for the fronts as the car had 3 deifferent types of tyre on
    ranging from 225/35/18 upto 255/45/18 which certain.ly wasnt helping the ride on the golf.
    225/40/18 were ordered so the car now has correct tyres all round and some new fresh rims aswel.

the car needs to be logged again as it still doesnt seem quick enough but im biased as i drive my S4
    with enough torque to nearly double that of a mk5 GTI. Rhys will do logging again to see if we can find
    where the power has gone.

once the car was fully serviced, new rims, new tyres, new MAF and brakes it was time to start on the paint
    correction.

products used:

G101
    Snow foam combi
    A/S tardis
    Wolfs deironiser
    Zaino Z18 clay
    Zymol shampoo
    Menz FG/S500
    Menz 3.02
    Menz 85RD
    L/C yellow cutting pad
    L/C black 2 tone finnese pad
    Poorboys black hole
    CG Blacklight sealant
    Megs tyre gel
    AG VBC

first we had to inspect the car, the car has seen damage to drivers side via an accident so we needed to take care
    around the area when usuing the machines.
    car was APC'd all round prior to washing to remove traffic film etc then pressure washed off
    the car was then treated to the snow foam combi which acts like a TFR. all gaps, door shuts, petrol caps, grill gaps
    were agitated with a detailing brush. then proceeded to pressure wash off the snowfoam and then wash the car with the usual
    2 B/M and zymol shampoo.

we then used tardis on the lower half of the car to minimise damage to the clay. wiped off with a terry cloth to remove
    most contaminants before the claying session.

car was fully de-contamintaed and washed again then dried off and pulled inside for inspection.
    masking was done of all areas and gaps and the lights went on to see what were were dealing with. ill lert the pics do the
    talking from here.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Nice job, must be very rewarding to see the difference a bit of hard graft and good products can make to a car.

Interior looked like one big ashtray!
    Live your life as if nobody is watching you.

3rd Gear

Status
    Been following this car detail since your first posts, I just realised it was an 05 plate car, first impressions was it was an old old Gti ! WOW what a transformation ! I would love to know how you got the scratches out pictures 2 and 4 down right hand column), I have similar on my near side due to branches and country lanes !

Stunning job, looks like a new car.
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

Status
    unfortuntaely mate deep scratches like that cannot come out without seeing paint. the scratch was reduced around it but something that deep(down to primer) needs painting.

events moderator

Status
    what a trasformation there boyo's well done indeed i bet you were glad to get that thing out of your garage did you give the owner a slap from me grant lmfao
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

Status
    yes fran was glad to finish it in the end mate

little vid i made lol
    YouTube - ‪Golf GTI detailed‬‏

events moderator

Status
    bang tidy grant awesome vid matey one word scratches lol i bet you had fun gettting some of those out by the door handle , was it a chicks car by any chance ??

3rd Gear

Status
    Amazes me how people can do so much damage to a car.....
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

Status
    no fran it was a guys car. women are cleaner than that lol

all paint was defect free apart from the drivers side accident damage and the few deep scratches that were not able to come out

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    great job its like night and day the difference from when it came in to going out

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    great work guys still disgusted tha some would let an 05 car get like tha but the wizzards of PRD worked there magic once again
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

MAN OF STEEL

Status
    do us a favour and give the owner a slap when you give it back

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    ill second tha
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S4twiggy View Post
    no fran it was a guys car. women are cleaner than that lol

all paint was defect free apart from the drivers side accident damage and the few deep scratches that were not able to come out
    ah right i just assumed because of all the scratches by the drivers door area typical of a chicks car that is , im still amazed at how bad it was such a filthy car and ive seen some rats in my time but that is one of the worst for a good long while

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by superkarl View Post
    do us a favour and give the owner a slap when you give it back
    Went back last week sadly.

I've never seen a Golf in such a poor condition; I've only just got rid of the rash I had from sitting in it whilst logging the car
    Now a happy owner of an A3 Sportback S Line 170 TDI
    My Posh Golf

mickyray

Status
    Hi Guys,
    Did you give him a good slap or was it a case of taking him into a mine and losing him!! Great job done on the car but pity it is wasted on a knob!! You will have to start filtering your clients