Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport

Thread: Snow foam

3rd Gear

Status

Snow foam

What's the benefits of snow foaming your car instead of regular washing?

I'm thinking of getting a pressure washer and just wondering whether to go the whole way and get a snow foam kit.

Is it better than mitt and soapy bucket of water?
    Does it strip the car of its protective waxes too prematurely?
    Does it help to minimise swirling?
    Is it a weekly routine, or once every couple of months like waxing?

Again, any advice much appreciated
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

S3 Drift King!

Status
    Softens up dried on dirt, you're suppose to snowfoam and leave for 4-5 minutes before washing the car.

99' Audi S3(APY) - Brilliant Black Click>>>Going Sideways vid!
    You've got to have a laugh!

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    The Snow foam will help to breakdown/lift the dirt.. You will still have to wash you car. You can buy PH neutral snow foam that will not lift any wax. Yu do not have to use it every week.. It's a Pre-wash product..

Snow Foam at work / lifting the Dirt.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    The Snow foam will help to breakdown/lift the dirt.. You will still have to wash you car. You can buy PH neutral snow foam that will not lift any wax. Yu do not have to use it every week.. It's a Pre-wash product..
    So what are the benefits of using snow foam, if I still have to wash the car afterwards?

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    it lifts the dirt, then jet wash it... then hand wash it. in doing this your not rubbing the grime back onto the paintwork therefore not causing any light scratches. thats one reason i can think off.

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Kash3838 View Post
    it lifts the dirt, then jet wash it... then hand wash it. in doing this your not rubbing the grime back onto the paintwork therefore not causing any light scratches. .
    What he said..
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Fully Certified Detailer!!

Status
    its all about getting the car as clean as you can before you even put your hands on the panel to minimise damage made to the paint work

we go through a 4 stage pre wash before we even get onto the panels.

i hope your usuing 2 buckets by the way mate and not fairy liquid either lol

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S4twiggy View Post
    its all about getting the car as clean as you can before you even put your hands on the panel to minimise damage made to the paint work

we go through a 4 stage pre wash before we even get onto the panels.

Haha yeah got all that covered. I've detailed my cars quite a few times using clay & polishers etc but there's just a couple of things that are new to me.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S4twiggy View Post
    Ha ha, I remember asking you if you had a sponge I could borrow at Audi Driver International 2 years ago. Wow, that 1 question opened up a whole world of detailing I never knew existed. And now I'm obsessed with it!