AH FabricationsMonster Motorsport
    1st Gear

Status

cleaning my leather recaros

hi everyone, i bought an s3 a few weeks ago with black leather recaros, ive noticed they are quite grubby between the bolsters and the seat bases, i was just after a bit of advice on cleaning them, ive done a search and most of the products that it came up with need to be ordered online, i was hoping to have a go at them tomorrow with something from halfords, what products are best to get for this job, thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    We have just cleaned a set of Recaros (14 years old) . Using Gliptone Leather claner and Conditioner soft towels and a nailbrush will work wonders.
    Side Project..

I can't give any advice on products from Halfords sorry.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

1st Gear

Status
    yeah i read the thread, maybe i should get some gliptone, and just give the seats a wipe with a damp cloth between the bolsters and bases for now, your seats look 100% better

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Thanks. When using the cleaner and nailbrush there is no need scrub at the leather just small circular motion with a little pressure, then wide the are down with a clean cotton cloth/towel.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

5th Gear

Status
    Bit late but heres a product i swear by!!

Zymol Leather Cleaner...comes in a small spray bottle and its seriously good! I used gliptone which is highly recommended but the ease of use with the zymol was alot better. (Zymol can be bought in halfords)

Spray, agitate with a nail brush and wipe with a dry towel. There are many rumours of applying conditioners to leathers but what i suggest is a weekly wipe down with leather wipes and a good thorough occasional clean.

I like to keep my leathers a factory matte finish and the above products i mentioned really do help restore the leather slightly and bring that matt finish back
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

1st Gear

Status
    i ended up getting some autoglym leather cleaner and some armourall wipes, i spent a couple of hours cleaning them up managed to get between the bolster and base with a toothbrush to get rid of all the crap they were filthy, and then went over them with the wipes they look much better

Neutral

Status
    Gliptone.

Used to cleaner and conditioner on mine about 3 weeks ago... Done a great job of softening the leather and it smells sooooo goood!

Definitely brings back that leather smell... its been three weeks and still smells immense! Hardly used anything out of the bottle as well.

Recommended product!

- Audi A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI - Mauritius Blue - Full Leather -

- Lasting Impressions Detailing - matthewwheeler1989@sky.com for details -

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    Gliptone ftw every time when it comes to leather

3rd Gear

Status
    Ditto Gliptone
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

Fully Certified Detailer!!

Status
    Gliptone are very good.

raceglaze is also good

5th Gear

Status
    Just used some Zymol on mine for the 1st time this evening. Really good stuff, easy to use and brought the matt finish back, even on the driver's seat which was becoming quite shiny. Highly recommended.