Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1
    _GRP_'s Avatar
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S-Line

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    250

    My Social Networking

    Follow _GRP_ On Twitter Visit _GRP_'s Instagram Channel

    Bodyshop Recommendations?

    Not the best forum to be posting this question, but thought some of you guys maybe able to help.

    I've got some S3 parts for my car that I need spraying.
    Has anyone got any recommendations in the South West, Bristol/Bath/Swindon area
    for painting these parts.

    George

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,003
    Go see Shaun at SOS bodyworks.

    Home - SOS Bodyworks

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  4. #3
    _GRP_'s Avatar
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S-Line

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    250

    My Social Networking

    Follow _GRP_ On Twitter Visit _GRP_'s Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Axios View Post
    Go see Shaun at SOS bodyworks.

    Home - SOS Bodyworks
    Thanks!
    Have you used Shaun, know anyone that has?

    George

  5. #4
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,003
    I use to work at the brakers yard next door and we used him for everything from race cars to customer cars.
    My mate still uses him today for any thing everything.
    Only place in bristol I would use. If i still lived there.

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  6. #5
    _GRP_'s Avatar
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S-Line

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    250

    My Social Networking

    Follow _GRP_ On Twitter Visit _GRP_'s Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by Axios View Post
    I use to work at the brakers yard next door and we used him for everything from race cars to customer cars.
    My mate still uses him today for any thing everything.
    Only place in bristol I would use. If i still lived there.
    Thanks for your advise, will call and see what they can do.
    Also head these guys are good: Peel's Motorkraft - Specialists in Paintwork/Bodywork for your Sports, Classic and Prestige cars

  7. #6
    uthedude's Avatar
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Bristol
    Posts
    25
    hello mate im from bristol work for a motor factor supplying bodyshops would defo recommend Shaun a@ SOS or Jason @ JB Autos JB-Autos 2 of the best about mate (You get what you pay for).
    DRIVE FAST, TAKE RISKS

  8. #7
    _GRP_'s Avatar
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S-Line

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    250

    My Social Networking

    Follow _GRP_ On Twitter Visit _GRP_'s Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by uthedude View Post
    hello mate im from bristol work for a motor factor supplying bodyshops would defo recommend Shaun a@ SOS or Jason @ JB Autos JB-Autos 2 of the best about mate (You get what you pay for).
    Heard good things about SOS, may pay shaun a visit.
    I've had a price from JB Auto's but it's the cheepest I've had and scares me being so low to be honest.

    Visited Matt@Peels Motorcraft last night and very impressed, vey nice/helpful guy and they were working on a couple of Bentley's, Aston Martin and a few BMW's so I think they must be pretty good.

    George

  9. #8
    S4twiggy's Avatar
    Fully Certified Detailer!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    1,811
    just because someone is working on them sort of cars mate doesnt mean they are the best at what they do. see if you can inspect any of the work that has been done to any vehicles so you get an idea of what they do.

    check out darrens thread about the trouble he had with Audi and the mess they made with his car( not an isolated incident as this happens every day to customers who dont know what to look for)

    happy hunting mate and let us know of your experience of who ever you go with.

  10. #9
    _GRP_'s Avatar
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S-Line

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    250

    My Social Networking

    Follow _GRP_ On Twitter Visit _GRP_'s Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by S4twiggy View Post
    just because someone is working on them sort of cars mate doesnt mean they are the best at what they do. see if you can inspect any of the work that has been done to any vehicles so you get an idea of what they do.

    check out darrens thread about the trouble he had with Audi and the mess they made with his car( not an isolated incident as this happens every day to customers who dont know what to look for)

    happy hunting mate and let us know of your experience of who ever you go with.
    Thanks for your advise, totally agree with what you say.
    I've been to the premises and really like their set-up, they all seem car mad and although a business genuinly seem to care about the work being produced. The cars that they are currently working on does give me confidence as they were private jobs not insurance related and I can't imagine owners taking that calibre of motor to anyone. Very, very helpful and from what I've seen a high standard of work. Lots of examples on the website with 18 years of trading.... think I've convinced myself, so all booked-in now, so fingers crossed.
    Peel's Motorkraft - Specialists in Paintwork/Bodywork for your Sports, Classic and Prestige cars

  11. #10
    pazaz's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    S.Wales
    Posts
    316
    Anyone know how much a bonnet and front bumper would cost for a top job?

  12. #11
    _GRP_'s Avatar
    A3 2.0TDI Sportback S-Line

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    250

    My Social Networking

    Follow _GRP_ On Twitter Visit _GRP_'s Instagram Channel
    Been quoted £250 for the front bumper, and a further £400 if I wanted the bonnet spraying and blending with both front wings.

  13. #12
    ScottD3's Avatar
    I want your faulty electronics

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    English Riviera
    Posts
    15,003
    Quote Originally Posted by motox-collect.com View Post
    Been quoted £250 for the front bumper, and a further £400 if I wanted the bonnet spraying and blending with both front wings.
    WOW, thats more than I would of thought. I would have said about £150-£200.
    I paid £300 to do the complete N/S of my avant.

    New Car, New Thread: Scott's Akoya Silver A8
    Gone But Not Forgotten: Audrey's Build Thread

  14. #13
    S4twiggy's Avatar
    Fully Certified Detailer!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    1,811
    i can get my bonnet done for £100 and thats by someone who i trust aswel. bumper should be around the same or even less.

  15. #14
    S4twiggy's Avatar
    Fully Certified Detailer!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by pazaz View Post
    Anyone know how much a bonnet and front bumper would cost for a top job?
    mate you should be getting that done for around £200-300 nothing much more than that.

  16. #15
    S4twiggy's Avatar
    Fully Certified Detailer!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    South Wales
    Posts
    1,811
    Quote Originally Posted by motox-collect.com View Post
    Thanks for your advise, totally agree with what you say.
    I've been to the premises and really like their set-up, they all seem car mad and although a business genuinly seem to care about the work being produced. The cars that they are currently working on does give me confidence as they were private jobs not insurance related and I can't imagine owners taking that calibre of motor to anyone. Very, very helpful and from what I've seen a high standard of work. Lots of examples on the website with 18 years of trading.... think I've convinced myself, so all booked-in now, so fingers crossed.
    Peel's Motorkraft - Specialists in Paintwork/Bodywork for your Sports, Classic and Prestige cars
    good stuff mate, let us know how you get on

  17. #16
    pazaz's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    S.Wales
    Posts
    316
    Cheers guys

    S4twiggy~ would that be anywhere local to us?

    Would have thought the bumper would be more as it is more of a potch.

    Sorry to step in on you thread motox-collect.com

 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO