Monster MotorsportBadger5

Thread: which is better

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status

which is better

is this meguiars Quick clay any good and is 50g clay bar and the lube that comes with it enough to do 2 cars? or is it better to buy bilt hamber 200g soft or regular clay and use water?
    Last edited by vw754; 9th May 2011 at 21:20.
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

2. # ADS
    ADS

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    Regular is fine if you are claying the car for the first time, there is no need to use the whole bar (cut in half) .Use a tar&Glue remover on the lowers / sill's, using t&g on these area's will clear most of the road tar and grime and will save you clay bar from getting wrecked .
    Last edited by CMD; 10th May 2011 at 05:28.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Fully Certified Detailer!!

Status
    for a lube just use water with a dash of shampoo in with it. no point buying expensive clay lubes mate when water and shampoo does the same job

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    sonus clay bar with either poorboys lube or dodojuice bornslippy it is true what twiggy says but i have tried that method and just using water method and find using the poorboys or dodojuice makes it easier and helps with the clay bar lasting as it does not cause sticking as the water i found kept drying off.

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S4twiggy View Post
    for a lube just use water with a dash of shampoo in with it. no point buying expensive clay lubes mate when water and shampoo does the same job
    i always use water with a little shampoo in it ive never had a problemo with it i dont see the point either its just wasted money in my opinion
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    and y do to use shampoo on our cars boys?...............................coz were worth it!
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

events moderator

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by drmole View Post
    and y do to use shampoo on our cars boys?...............................coz were worth it!
    well our cars are worth it anyway lmao
    ​She is back on the road yay!!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by FranA3 View Post
    well our cars are worth it anyway lmao
    would head n shoulders stop the white dust settling too?

on a more serious note was looking on clean your car website n noticed the sell alcohol to clean the pannels before applying wax/polish after claying this worth doing??

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

CMD

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by drmole View Post
    would head n shoulders stop the white dust settling too?

on a more serious note was looking on clean your car website n noticed the sell alcohol to clean the pannels before applying wax/polish after claying this worth doing??
    When polishing a car with a Rotary/DA use IPA (alcohol) to wipe down the panel to inspect the level of correction. IPA will brake down the oil's in the polish, it also saves time buffing off the polish after each pass . We buy IPA in bulk which needs to be diluted with water, it's a must have product.... Darren I can bring some to the meet on Sunday .
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I use Meguires polish every time..Produce little dust and also smells good than other polishes..I only use Clay bar if there is lots of dust, swirls road grime...And yes no brushes of towels,only use micro-fiber cloths...

Fully Certified Detailer!!

Status
    claying only needs to be done twice a year, unless your about to machine polish the car otherwise it will ruin your pads. i only clay my car twice a year but dont do much mileage so it stays pretty clean. ive seen some serious contaminated panels and will ruin a bar asap

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CMD View Post
    When polishing a car with a Rotary/DA use IPA (alcohol) to wipe down the panel to inspect the level of correction. IPA will brake down the oil's in the polish, it also saves time buffing off the polish after each pass . We buy IPA in bulk which needs to be diluted with water, it's a must have product.... Darren I can bring some to the meet on Sunday .
    cheers col so its really used to de-comtaminate the paint before appling products and not used inbetween coats good to know

CMD

Status
    IPA is not designed to clean the paint as such, it's job is to wipe off the oils after the polish has broken down when using a rotary or DA. If you hand polish your car (not seal or wax) you could use IPA after the polishing to wide the panel down before appling a glaze,sealent or wax.
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

6th Gear

Status
    nice one think ill try tha cheers Col