Monster MotorsportChris Nott
    Reverse Gear

Status

Advice on materials to detail.By hand wanted.

I know there are lots of threads on how to detail but i need the basic version for a quick once over now and then.
    I am not able to clean the car at the front door ,have no water or power.So i have always gone to car washes.
    The car is 2003 and seen a few keys! hence i do not worry much.
    The car does need a going over now and i want to have a go myself but not spend ages and loads of maoney on it.
    I can give it a good wash ok but do i then use t-cut to get worst off then polish,i got mer.
    Can i damage paint with t-cut by hand? do i use straight lines when using or circular.
    Any advice on a simply spruce up will be cool.

2. # ADS
    ADS

a9503128
    1) dont use T-Cut its only for a one off removal / refresh of paint. the clue is in the name it cuts the paint back.
    2) Post up some pics and we can see what needs doing.
    3) I also have no water but its given it a good wash, valet and used many layers of a quality polish such as autoglym super resin.
    4) "not spend ages" well unfortunately your sh*t out of look here as time is whats needed to get the car gleaming. Money can be kept under control by using a autoglym (eh you say) but using a quality product like autoglym will last the longest thus give you better value.

5th Gear

Status
    Theres no easy way out of it, There are options if water is not available and i always think a good wash is an efficient one.

If the paint condition is poor i would recommend finding a detailer to initially correct it back up to standard. After that its on you to maintain the finish. There are products like optimum no rinse which are recommended highly for a weekly clean if water is not available to bring out to the front of the house.
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

a9503128
    PS you just missed out on this, add to this some clay if required and you are set for months of just needing a regular RINSE ONLY jet wash circa £2 to rinse off the dirt.

AUTOGLYM LIFESHINE - AFTER CARE KIT | eBay UK

Reverse Gear

Status
    When i said i have no access to water i meant that a can not us hosepipe/jetwash etc.I can get buckets etc but not outside my door.
    Anything will improve the look of the car and i was hoping i could just go and buy 2/3 products from halfords etc and away i go.
    I have no idea what i need to do a basic going over, cutback/tcut/etc,then polish,then wax???????
    The paint feels rough to touch odd stratch here and there some i know will never come out.would just like to get a good shine to it.

events moderator

Status
    if you want to do it by hand then the best stuff i find to use is meguairs 3 stage system easy to use and last a long time due to the carnuba wax in the last stage , use a jet wash and dont ever take it to a auto car wash they ruin your paint the scratch the holy hell out of your paint
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

6th Gear

Status
    Mountain Ash, Rhondda Cynon Taff, United Kingdom
    i do all mine by hand at the mo it is hard work n does take time to get tha finish u want however as good as my car is under close inspection it does have minor swirls this is unavoidable if ur detailing by hand but like me u can keep them to a minimum by careing for the car yourself never take it to the polish hand car washers theyl just enhance them swirls for you free of charge! use two bucket method to wash proper drying technique and apply the wax/polish/paint cleaner in the right conditions and order its hard work and has taken me servel months to get the black wet look i wanted and she doesnt scrub up too bad!
    My A4 Detailed and finished with Zymol Glasur
    http://www.audi-sport.net/vb/detaili...ol-glasur.html

A4 S-Line SE 220BHp with full Black pack With black badge (rear one still to fit) two tone Leather, Bose, phone prep in centre arm rest, IPOD conection RS4 pedals suede gear knob handbrake and steering wheel R8 oil Cap

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    there is my guide any detailing info you want get yourself on detailing world.

Detaling Audi A3 Liquid yellow - - Detailing World -

IF IN DOUBT GO FLAT OUT

Status
    any detailing work will take a good while although if you do a full clean ie clay bar polish wax etc every month or 2 you can just give the car a quick wash and dry in the time between once a week.