Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
    3rd Gear

Status

A good non-messy tyre shine

I'm currently using Chemical Guys Tyre Gel and although it gives a good finish, its far too messy to work with. The sponge gets saturated in the gel, which then turns black and cant be washed out.

Are there any products which are easier and less messy to use? But at the same time, give a good long lasting black tyre shine?

Thanks
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

a9503128
    Iv used this in the past with Chemical Guys Tyre Gel. Keeps everything tidy.

Meguiars Tyre Dressing Applicator Pad | Meguiars Tyre Dressing Applicator Pad
    and

Neutral

Status
    meguiers do one which is purple its the nuts

she's no d-turbo

Status
    meguiars endurance tyre gel is my favourite. Lasts for weeks, the only problem with it is that it splatters black dots all over the side of your car when driving.

Meguiars released the product in spray form this year and its also very good. Not quite as shiny as the gel but its quicker to apply and lasts well. It doesnt splatter the car either

1st Gear

Status
    i use cg gel with the megs applicator pad and no problems
    07 a4 2.0tdi s line avant

6th Gear

Status
    Never had a problem with the megs gel splattering the side of the car, but I leave it for about 30mins before I drive the car to let it soak in.

Shark in a Goldfishes clothing

Status
    I use the autoglym tyre stuff ( black label ) spray it on ten mins before I wash the car then just let it get washed off as I go along.

Leaves a nice dark shine and does well at getting rid of any dirt etc

6th Gear

Status
    I use blackfire stuff although it does come up with the same problem with the sponge. Quick question though do you clean your tyre walls as that helps with no only the black crap that accumilates on the sponge but also helps with the gel bonding on the tyre. Dont drive your car straight away after applying the gel or you can buff off the gel after applying to ive a more softer look.
    2000 AMK S3, Revo'd, forge 007p, B8's, H&R's, tarox g88's, ferrodo ds2500's, and in the fastest colour

Audi A-Trizzle!

Status
    i get the splatter even after i leave it. i think i put too much on. i just meguires endurance the gold class purple jobby. i do like a good shine though it does last a while too!

Audi A3 1.8T Sport (AGU) - 2000
    Engine: Carbonio CAI/Jetex JR Hybrid Induction, Forge 007p DV, Forge TIP, Longlife S/S Custom Exhaust system, R-Tech Stage 1 Remap, Creation Motorsport Boost Pipe Kit.
    Exterior and Chassis: 18" Cades Tyrus, Euro Wipers, low on JOM Coilovers, Eibach Front & Rear ARB's, Black Angel Eye Headlights, 6000K HID's, S3 Brakes.
    For Sale PM ME - £2500 Mods Inc

My XBL GT - ii solly uk ii

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Solly On Twitter Visit Solly's Instagram Channel
    I've always used auto gylm's bumper care (green sticker) one on my tires with the little washing up sponges u can get. last ages and gives a good shine one of the reps from autogylm showed it me..
    Audi A3 1.6 Tdi Teknik Package Cabriolet 2011 :D , Ibis White -Ipod dock - Parking Sensors - Bluetooth - Aircon - leather trimmed MFSW - Electric roof -heat-insulating glass - Center armrest - Electric heated mirrors - Stop/Start system - Separate DRL - Fishing Rod holder.

Need Parts just ask for a quote

LOOKING FOR A TT V6 2007 on or a TT 2.0 T FSI 2007 on? 11-14K

1st Gear

Status
    Aye either the proper AG stuff or the bumper care stuff works really well

Fully Certified Detailer!!

Status
    i use a brush to apply my tyre shine to vehicles, much easier and no need to wash as its kept in its little box which is only for tyre shine.

i use a mix of 2 products, ones a gel and the other is a spray, gives me a wicked shine and does last weeks.

Smell my finger.

Status
    Scrubbing the tyres with a stiff brush when washing will help any products stay put for longer.

I used a small bit of sponge to apply Megs Endurance and its fine if the tyres have been cleaned first and not too much put on.
    2000 Audi A3 1.8T Sport - Custom Code Phase 1 remap / Custom Stainless Catback Exhuast / MKII 18" RS4 Reps / Wietec Ultra GT40mm / KW ARB's / Forge TIP / Forge 007 / Green Panel Filter / EBC Greenstuff pads / 312mm S3 front brake upgrade / Aero Wipers / LED Interior Lights / LED Side Repeaters / Face Lift Rear Lights and covered in Dodo Juice

1st Gear

Status
    Carplan Tyre Slik is a good value product, its spray on and shines for weeks and can be quite cheap, think morrisons do it in the petrol stations for about £3 a can, megs endurance gel in my experience does splatter dots up your sills if you use a fair bit of product

Reverse Gear

Status
    If your bothered about splatter then try FinishKare 108AS Tyre dressing.

Leaves a Matt finish rather then a WET look. (I prefer the matt type look)