A good non-messy tyre shine

Agent_Trig

Reaction score
I'm currently using Chemical Guys Tyre Gel and although it gives a good finish, its far too messy to work with. The sponge gets saturated in the gel, which then turns black and cant be washed out.

Are there any products which are easier and less messy to use? But at the same time, give a good long lasting black tyre shine?

Thanks

meguiers do one which is purple its the nuts

meguiars endurance tyre gel is my favourite. Lasts for weeks, the only problem with it is that it splatters black dots all over the side of your car when driving.

Meguiars released the product in spray form this year and its also very good. Not quite as shiny as the gel but its quicker to apply and lasts well. It doesnt splatter the car either

Never had a problem with the megs gel splattering the side of the car, but I leave it for about 30mins before I drive the car to let it soak in.

I use the autoglym tyre stuff ( black label ) spray it on ten mins before I wash the car then just let it get washed off as I go along.

Leaves a nice dark shine and does well at getting rid of any dirt etc

I use blackfire stuff although it does come up with the same problem with the sponge. Quick question though do you clean your tyre walls as that helps with no only the black crap that accumilates on the sponge but also helps with the gel bonding on the tyre. Dont drive your car straight away after applying the gel or you can buff off the gel after applying to ive a more softer look.

i get the splatter even after i leave it. i think i put too much on. i just meguires endurance the gold class purple jobby. i do like a good shine though it does last a while too!

I've always used auto gylm's bumper care (green sticker) one on my tires with the little washing up sponges u can get. last ages and gives a good shine one of the reps from autogylm showed it me..
bumper%20care.jpg

Aye either the proper AG stuff or the bumper care stuff works really well

i use a brush to apply my tyre shine to vehicles, much easier and no need to wash as its kept in its little box which is only for tyre shine.

i use a mix of 2 products, ones a gel and the other is a spray, gives me a wicked shine and does last weeks.

Scrubbing the tyres with a stiff brush when washing will help any products stay put for longer.

I used a small bit of sponge to apply Megs Endurance and its fine if the tyres have been cleaned first and not too much put on.

Carplan Tyre Slik is a good value product, its spray on and shines for weeks and can be quite cheap, think morrisons do it in the petrol stations for about £3 a can, megs endurance gel in my experience does splatter dots up your sills if you use a fair bit of product

If your bothered about splatter then try FinishKare 108AS Tyre dressing.

Leaves a Matt finish rather then a WET look. (I prefer the matt type look)