What Would Cause This ?

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
My car had a thin layer of dust on it ( as usual :( ) and after a bit of rain today i was left with this:

img2011042300093.jpg

I recently made a thread asking how to stop the dusty pots left behind after it had rained but this is a bit different as it look like a thousand birds have sh*t all over the car.....lol

I'm thinking it could be something to do with the wax but I've never seen anything like this before.

Any ideas?

I think it is your wax, the raid we had last night was a storm and full of dirt. Re the spots are you using a spray on wax? you should always spray it on and while wet spread it out evenly.

IPhone isn't great to view that picture on but it looks like your car was egged!

wouldnt worry about it tbh - the rain we had last night did it to all the cars in my area

We haven't had any rain and my car still looks like that lol

IPhone isn't great to view that picture on but it looks like your car was egged!

I don't think anyone's brave enough to egg my car (i growl at anyone that looks at the car for too long......LOL)

It looks more like a sandy dust.

I'm glad i wasn't the only one that got it, but the car has now been cleaned , polished , waxed and sealed :)

Thanks for all the replies ;)

had the same, wiped the window to see what it was and it was like sawdust so im assuming it could be that big pollen cloud. it was murder seeing the car like that all weekend and this week so now its blown over i washed the car at 7.30am today and its still dust free(well pollen anyway)