Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Lord Of The Rings

Status

Exclamation What Would Cause This ?

My car had a thin layer of dust on it ( as usual ) and after a bit of rain today i was left with this:

I recently made a thread asking how to stop the dusty pots left behind after it had rained but this is a bit different as it look like a thousand birds have sh*t all over the car.....lol

I'm thinking it could be something to do with the wax but I've never seen anything like this before.

Any ideas?
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

2. # ADS
    ADS

a9503128
    I think it is your wax, the raid we had last night was a storm and full of dirt. Re the spots are you using a spray on wax? you should always spray it on and while wet spread it out evenly.

5th Gear

Status
    IPhone isn't great to view that picture on but it looks like your car was egged!

2nd Gear

Status
    wouldnt worry about it tbh - the rain we had last night did it to all the cars in my area

3rd Gear

Status
    My black cab is the same, Sahara sand me thinks !
    2003 A4 Cab 2.4 V6 Manual / 43k miles genuine woohoo (on a 10 year old car lol) / Ebony Black Metallic / Full Grey Leather / Fully Electric Seats / Heated Seats / Interior Light Pack / Cruise / Wood / Bose Symphony II / Black roof

Shark in a Goldfishes clothing

Status
    We haven't had any rain and my car still looks like that lol

Lord Of The Rings

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
    IPhone isn't great to view that picture on but it looks like your car was egged!

I don't think anyone's brave enough to egg my car (i growl at anyone that looks at the car for too long......LOL)

It looks more like a sandy dust.

I'm glad i wasn't the only one that got it, but the car has now been cleaned , polished , waxed and sealed

Thanks for all the replies
    Audi A3 T sport (8l) AUM 2001..... Stage 1 Remap , Bailey DV30 , HID Headlights , LED Sidelights/Footwells , Catch Can , N249 Bypass , Tinted Windows .....

Neutral

Status

Fully Certified Detailer!!

Status
    had the same, wiped the window to see what it was and it was like sawdust so im assuming it could be that big pollen cloud. it was murder seeing the car like that all weekend and this week so now its blown over i washed the car at 7.30am today and its still dust free(well pollen anyway)