A detailing challenge

Can your camera detect your face in the reflection of your body work

• Yes of course, they dont call me mirror finish bob for nothing.

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • No, don't be so stupid

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Whats face detection mode?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I was polishing my car this morning and looking at the shine (and stone chips and scratches :() thinking to my self, would the face detection mode on my phone would work off my paint.
It did not.

Its shiny but not shiny enough, I then started to wonder if any of the profesional and people with really good paint work was able to do it.

I guess the challenge is this, can your camera with face detection detect your face in the reflection of the paint work and take an image?

well in my paint i can see my face but as for camera with face detection........................... what the hell is that lol not clued up on cameras dude, i know i can read texts off my phone in my paint or read a book so thats shiny enough

I have nosey neighbours and I often watch them in the reflection to see if there watching lol sad.

An interesting thread, not had a chance to test this, but when I next wash it, ill give it a go.

well in my paint i can see my face but as for camera with face detection........................... what the hell is that lol not clued up on cameras dude, i know i can read texts off my phone in my paint or read a book so thats shiny enough

Face detection is a mode you set on your camera or phone (if they have this option) and it will detect a face, focus on it and then take the image.

I guess its the ultimate test in paint shinyness. :)

Would be rather difficult unless you had a second person as you'd be looking through a viewfinder I would imagine therefore your face would/could be hidden!

Second person would be possible or unless your camera had a screen rather than viewfinder, mines an EOS 400D with no option to use the screen as a viewfinder, so no chance there. Maybe the iPhone 4 does it??

G