Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
    3rd Gear

Status

Does jet washing remove wax coating?

I'm thinking of buying a jet washer and was wondering if it removes any wax or glaze coats that I may of applied the week before for example?

Don't fancy waxing the car every week you see.
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    No mate many waxes tend to cure, effectively bonding with the paint. I'm confident that even products that don't would not be removed by a jetwasher. That said you shouldn't put it up close to your paint anyway, use it from afar. If the pressure catches a stone chip or scuff it could potentially lift the paint.

It's arguably fairly pointless in my opinion unless you're going to use it for snow foaming or washing the arches and underbody.

Neutral

Status
    The jet washer wont remove the wax but most of the chemicals you use to clean the wheels, road dirt and bugs from the vehicle will remove most of the wax, sometimes to the extent that the bodywork will become dull and of a matt finish (depending on the paint used on the vehicle ie. two pack or cellulose)... until you rewax the paintwork where all will become bright and shiny again.

Most of the degreasers/road film removers supplied with jet washers will strip the wax very easily.

a9503128
    No a jet wash will not remove the wax, you should always use the jet wash at an angle to the surface NEVER point it direct at the paint.

ps if your buying a jet wash I recomend snow foam lance / gun to get the most from your cleaning.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    No as mentioned.