Polish/pad combo for minor correction work?

Sparkie

Reaction score
Can anyone advise me if I'm sufficiently well equipped for some minor correction work on an Audi S3.

I have a DA with megs 80, 83 polish and megs cutting, polishing and finishing pads. So can I get by with this or will it be too hard going?

Yes Those product's will help do only very minor swirls ..

I've used the 83 with a polishing pad on mine, theres not really enough cut with that combination to fully correct the swirls. I'd imagine the cutting pad and 83 would do the job though.

I suspected it would be hard work. Any recommended good combinations using other pads and polishes, I don't mind making a wee purchase?

Cheers

Thanks but I'd appreciate any recommendations for polish or pad combinations that have brought people success at correction work without overdue stress.

Maybe megs 105 polish on a cutting pad (or can I go too abrasive) followed by 205 to finish?

I've never used Meguiar's polishes, I tend to use Menzerna however I have heard good things about Meguiar's #105 and #205 polishes.

Meguiar's #105 with a light cutting pad followed by Meguiar's #205 with a finishing pad should work well.

I tend to use Menzerna polish, so I would use Menzerna RD3.02 on a Lake Country light cutting pad (orange) followed by Menzerna 85RE on a Lake Country finishing pad (green).