Dirty Beads :-(

A3 T

Lord Of The Rings
Reaction score
Hi guys ;)

The wax i use causes the rain to bead up on the car and lasts a long time, my only gripe is all dirty spots the beads leave behind when they dry.

What does everyone do to stop this?

The spots I'm talking about look a lot like this :

dscf3102j.jpg

You can't stop the dust that settles on your car when the panel's are wet after/ during rain shower's. It's just one of those thing's just keep up a good level of maintenance.

there is no way of getting round this mate unless you keep the car in a garage, but even then if the car is wet you will have dust and dirt from driving around etc so just keep on top of it

Having just got a black car (September) I thought about this and have tried a sealant instead of a wax, the theory being a sealant has better sheeting properties rather than beading properties. I'm still experimenting but have some wax on there at the minute and I can't really see any difference in the longevity of the finish between the two. I did notice that the bonnet dried itself at lower speeds with the sealant (Z2/Z8) so I guess that means it leaves a slicker finish. Might try a half and half on the car but that would look pretty odd when it rains lol!! Guess a lot of it is just down to what the rain is like on that particular occasion.

Oboiusly there will always be traffic dust, the fact that the dust is gathering with the beads just shows that you have the paint adequately protected! The theory of wax/sealant will make little if any difference, driving over 45+ should see beaded water sheet off! Just keep on top of it with washing/drying mate

Nothing a blast of water can't clear, get the Karcher out! Or a hose with a spray attachment will suffice, then drive off and watch the water bead away.

Or is the above against detailing principle?

Thanks for all the replies guys ;)

What I've been doing is going over the car with a microfiber cloth, the spots come off really easy but it seems like I'm just moving the dust around the paint work (i think the static is keeping hold of it....lol).

I also gave it a go with a jet wash at the supermarket (i couldn't be bothered to set mine up) but by the time i got home i already had a load of spots where the water had dried on it.

I guess ill just have to keep washing it.

Its just a pain with the odd showers we keep having :(

Thanks again everyone ;)

the dust gets caught in the water droplets left on your car after washing, thats why you need to dry it if you want a perfect finish. So using the jet wash isnt really going to help your problem haha.

Get some decent microfibres and a detailing spray and use this on the car after you wash it.

The static is pretty much unavoidable unfortunately!