Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

time to buy some new snow foam

Hi all!

sorry if this has been posted 1000 times... im after some recommendations on what SF you are using at the moment, ive had super snow foam however, im looking for something that can give a thicker foam with less drip...

if its out there.. i read a long time ago that there was a foam that would stay on for 15 -20 mins with no drip?

cheers in advance!
    Last edited by einonsy; 6th April 2011 at 21:26.

2. # ADS
    ADS

CMD
    Pointing Forward's!!!!!!!!!

Status
    AUDI A4 190T S-LINE.

WWW.PR-DETAILING.CO.UK CERTIFIED DETAILERS

Neutral

Status
    Ive just started using the new chemical guys no touch snow foam and really like it. Can be bought for 20 for 5l.

wax on, wax off

Status
    try meguiars hyper wash. it will double as a foam and a shampoo.
    A4 B6 1.9 tdi 130. Slowly modding but don't tell the missus.
    Front ambient lighting
    Eibach sportlines.
    Audi TT Alloys.

5th Gear

Status
    I use Meguiar's Hyperwash with a PA Foam Lance.

The thickness of foam is determined by a few things. The product used, the foam lance itself and also the flow rate of your power washer.

Try using a little more product to get a thicker foam however even the thickest of foam starts to drip away after about 10 minutes.

Neutral

Status
    I'm new to detailing
    Is snow foaming a good way to lift the dirt off the car
    Also what chemicals would you suggest for a beginner

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    I use Meguiar's Hyperwash with a PA Foam Lance.

The thickness of foam is determined by a few things. The product used, the foam lance itself and also the flow rate of your power washer.

Try using a little more product to get a thicker foam however even the thickest of foam starts to drip away after about 10 minutes.
    I found that standing further away helps in 'dropping' the foam on the car.Too close and it sprays off.I find megs hyperwash is good for loosening crud, but thats about it.As a foam alone it cleans nothing...the grime/film still there so itll need a normal two bucket wash as well
    Pass me my sock

Want to help cure cancer? http://folding.stanford.edu/English/HomePage

5th Gear

Status
    Snow foaming shouldn't be thought of as a quick alternative to washing a car. The purpose of it is to loosen dirt and make the washing process easier and less likely to create swirls/scratches.

Think of snow foam as like soaking a casserole dish to loosen the baked on remains. You still need to wash the casserole dish afterwards. Of course, you don't have to soak your casserole dish if you don't want to... but it would take more effort to clean it properly.

5th Gear

Status
    auto brite have a new foam out called magi foam its meant to be proper thick
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    Snow foaming shouldn't be thought of as a quick alternative to washing a car. The purpose of it is to loosen dirt and make the washing process easier and less likely to create swirls/scratches.

Think of snow foam as like soaking a casserole dish to loosen the baked on remains. You still need to wash the casserole dish afterwards. Of course, you don't have to soak your casserole dish if you don't want to... but it would take more effort to clean it properly.
    What he said: foaming is a 'pre-wash' designed to loosen dirt, soften dead flies etc, before you start the proper handwash. It will remove some grime and the more you get off before you start hand washing, the lower the risk of wash marring/swirling.

We always rinse the car first, then foam, then rinse, then start handwashing.

Our guide is here: Safe Washing And Drying | Car Care Advice | Polished Bliss

We recommend Meguiar's Hyper Wash Meguiar's Hyper Wash | Meguiar's Car Care & Detailing Products (due back in stock very soon) as it's almost unbeatable in terms of dilution and won't strip waxes or sealants.