time to buy some new snow foam

einonsy

Reaction score
Hi all!

sorry if this has been posted 1000 times... im after some recommendations on what SF you are using at the moment, ive had super snow foam however, im looking for something that can give a thicker foam with less drip...

if its out there.. i read a long time ago that there was a foam that would stay on for 15 -20 mins with no drip?

cheers in advance!

Last edited:
Ive just started using the new chemical guys no touch snow foam and really like it. Can be bought for £20 for 5l.

I use Meguiar's Hyperwash with a PA Foam Lance.

The thickness of foam is determined by a few things. The product used, the foam lance itself and also the flow rate of your power washer.

Try using a little more product to get a thicker foam however even the thickest of foam starts to drip away after about 10 minutes.

I'm new to detailing
Is snow foaming a good way to lift the dirt off the car
Also what chemicals would you suggest for a beginner

I use Meguiar's Hyperwash with a PA Foam Lance.

The thickness of foam is determined by a few things. The product used, the foam lance itself and also the flow rate of your power washer.

Try using a little more product to get a thicker foam however even the thickest of foam starts to drip away after about 10 minutes.
I found that standing further away helps in 'dropping' the foam on the car.Too close and it sprays off.I find megs hyperwash is good for loosening crud, but thats about it.As a foam alone it cleans nothing...the grime/film still there so itll need a normal two bucket wash as well

Snow foaming shouldn't be thought of as a quick alternative to washing a car. The purpose of it is to loosen dirt and make the washing process easier and less likely to create swirls/scratches.

Think of snow foam as like soaking a casserole dish to loosen the baked on remains. You still need to wash the casserole dish afterwards. Of course, you don't have to soak your casserole dish if you don't want to... but it would take more effort to clean it properly.

auto brite have a new foam out called magi foam its meant to be proper thick

Snow foaming shouldn't be thought of as a quick alternative to washing a car. The purpose of it is to loosen dirt and make the washing process easier and less likely to create swirls/scratches.

Think of snow foam as like soaking a casserole dish to loosen the baked on remains. You still need to wash the casserole dish afterwards. Of course, you don't have to soak your casserole dish if you don't want to... but it would take more effort to clean it properly.

What he said: foaming is a 'pre-wash' designed to loosen dirt, soften dead flies etc, before you start the proper handwash. It will remove some grime and the more you get off before you start hand washing, the lower the risk of wash marring/swirling.

We always rinse the car first, then foam, then rinse, then start handwashing.

Our guide is here: Safe Washing And Drying | Car Care Advice | Polished Bliss

We recommend Meguiar's Hyper Wash Meguiar's Hyper Wash | Meguiar's Car Care & Detailing Products (due back in stock very soon) as it's almost unbeatable in terms of dilution and won't strip waxes or sealants.

:)