Fitting Wing Mirrors - anything i should know?

IanL-RS3

Reaction score
Hopefully my replacement mirrors arrive today.
They are non electrics. Is there anything i should know before i attempt the job? Or is it all straight forward.

Also is there a fuse that relates to the electric/heated mirrors so i can remove it to dissconnect power to the now dangling wires which were connected to the OEM mirrors?

Thanks in advance.

Hope all goes well Ian, which mirrors did you go for?

It must be frustrating being off the road for something like this /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/burningmad.gif

Sorry I cant help you with the techie bits!! I suppose the manual will tell you the fuse locations and uses?

Hi Chris(i think!)
I went for cheapy £30 ones off ebay.

I got them today and they look alright. But they can be painted. They aren't elec, heated or blindspot, but they are tinted though!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif For £10 i could have had indicators /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif and for 90 electrics but no point where i live!!

They turned up today with a big scratch on them!! But the place i bought them from a sending new set to arrive tomorrow which is good service and unexpected!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I guess since nobody's replied its just a very simple job. I don't have the car at the mo to look and see myself.

Will do some digging re:electrics

Cheers
Ian