Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
    5th Gear

Status

Keeping Interior Clean! A3

Right all need a bit of a hand here, wanted to give the A3 a full clean up and i had a look at the dash! Its a very matt weird finish (This is on the 8P)

How do you guys clean it as i was using a damp microfibre and the cloth was just not rubbing well against the dash. It was like the microfibres in the cloth were sticking to the dash.

Also does anyone use any dash shine or anything on theres? I want to keep it a nice matt finish but i am lost on what products to use or should i just keep it clean and leave its natural finish.

What do you guys use for leather care? I want to clean up my leathers soon and protect them, I was leaning towards the gliptone products and just wanted to know how to clean them. Is it safe to use those leather (nail) brushes on the leather?
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

2. # ADS
    ADS

Born to Fish

Status
    Damp cloth and then a hoover for the white flecks
    2013 1.4 TFSI S line 8V, Brilliant Red, Cruise Control, DIS, MFSW, Dual Climate, Leather, Front Fogs, 18in 5 Twin Spoke Alloys, Welly, Boot and Fishing Rod Racks.

Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by farhanali View Post
    Right all need a bit of a hand here, wanted to give the A3 a full clean up and i had a look at the dash! Its a very matt weird finish (This is on the 8P)

How do you guys clean it as i was using a damp microfibre and the cloth was just not rubbing well against the dash. It was like the microfibres in the cloth were sticking to the dash.

Also does anyone use any dash shine or anything on theres? I want to keep it a nice matt finish but i am lost on what products to use or should i just keep it clean and leave its natural finish.

What do you guys use for leather care? I want to clean up my leathers soon and protect them, I was leaning towards the gliptone products and just wanted to know how to clean them. Is it safe to use those leather (nail) brushes on the leather?
    Microfibre cloth is good to get rid of the dust, then to protect it used Werkstat Satin Prot, use a applicator pad to apply. That gives it a nice new finish.

For the leather I use Raceglaze leather balm, seems to be a good product

MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

Follow me on Twitter

5th Gear

Status
    I use poorboys natural look, applied with a megs soft foam applicator! Lovely matte finish, lovely smell, job done
    Moved to the Darkside click below:

events moderator

Status
    there is so many different good products on the market today its hard to choose a good one try a few out and see which one works best for you/your car
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

5th Gear

Status
    Thanks all for your recommendations, i bought some matt wipes today from asda so will use those here and there. Will be ordering the poorboys natural dressing when i put another big detailing order in. Will let you all know how i get on
    2008 A3 1.8TFSI 3 Door S Line - Lava Grey - Bose - Bluetooth - S Line Full Black Leather - Aux - Comfort Pack - Coming Home Lights - Storage Pack - Cruise Control - Ambient Interior Light - Footwell Lights - Audi IPhone 4 Cradle - Leather Armrest - BE Rear - MY09 Rear Lights - S3 Pedals - S3 Vents - BBS RS866 - Bi Xenons - Bluefin Stage 1 - K&N 57S Intake - Rev D Valve - Powerflex Dogbone Insert & Gear Box Mount

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    You wanna get some MF cloths and APC for the interior

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    You wanna get some MF cloths and APC for the interior
    Ah the APC is on my list for sure! I went Microfibre cloth happy and have ended up with about 40 Cloths. So APC is safe to use on the dash area?

Just agitate it with a detailing brush etc and wipe off, Then apply a dressing.

N8
    Kowalski Details

Status

My Social Networking

Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    APC is a must have for the collection

"Will these wheel fit my car PM's will not be replied to, do you research & use the SEARCH button"

Detailing - Wheel Refurbishment - Shark Performance Software - VagbremTechnic Dealer - OEM Retrofitting - Remus - V-Maxx - Goodridge