MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White - Detailed

James.Asbri

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hi all,

Over the weekend (slight delay I know) I performed my first ever detail to my Audi A3, Black Edition. I must admit, it's hard work and time consuming although I'm fairly sure with time I will get quicker.

I've been searching this part of the forum since joining as I've always looked after cars but not to this extent. It has come in handy to learn procedures and helped me choose certain products to help solve certain problems.

I must say I'm amazed by some of the work and would love to get to that standard but following my attempts I don't think it'll happen, but i'll give it a go.

Anyway, less of the boring stuff and onto the products that I used to perform the detail:

PA Foam Lance powered by the Karcher K3.540 using Meguiar's Hyper Wash
R222 Wheel Cleaner (Gel)
Meguiar's Microfibre Wash Mitt
Carpro Iron X (This product in unbelievable)
Autosmart Tardis
2BM using Blackfire Gloss Shampoo & Conditioner
Easirider Lambswool Wash Mitt
PB Luxury Drying Towel
Menzerna 203S
3M High Performance Masking Tape
Blackfire Midnight Sun Paste Wax
PB Luxury Buffing Towel
Poorboy's Wheel Sealant
3M Tyre Restorer
Eimann Fabrik Clear Vision ll
Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner
Briliant Chrome & Hot Environment Polish
Blackfire All Metal Sealant
Raceglaze Colour Enhance Trim Dressing
Various microfibre clothes, applicator pads

Here are the photographs following this weekends hard work. I have no before photographs as the car was fairly clean due to my OCD and have no photographs during the work as I was in the zone. The photographs are all over the place but you'll get the idea.

Enough of the talking, here we go:

DSC00958-1.jpg

DSC00966.jpg

DSC00976.jpg

DSC00981-1.jpg

DSC00980.jpg

DSC00979.jpg

DSC00978.jpg

DSC00977.jpg

DSC00975.jpg

DSC00973.jpg

DSC00972.jpg

DSC00971.jpg

DSC00970.jpg

DSC00969.jpg

DSC00968.jpg

DSC00967.jpg

DSC00965.jpg

DSC00964.jpg

DSC00963.jpg

DSC00962.jpg

DSC00961.jpg

DSC00960.jpg

DSC00959.jpg

And finally, my sister making a complete tool out of herself in her not so white Ford KA

DSC00948.jpg

As always comments are welcome but take it easy on me, this was my first detail.

Thanks

James

Just as I finished writing this report my sister walked in through the door and kindly informed me that the local seagulls have attacked my car following their curry last night:

DSC00984.jpg

DSC00983.jpg

DSC00982.jpg

Following a quick blast from the Karcher all is good and clean again.

James

Haha never fails to happen to me mate, must admit sincce I've had my white s3 it's never. When I had a black golf gti it got **** on every 20mins!

Detail: I take it you never used a buff or anything as the car should only need a good wax/sealant. Looks a good job anyway, I could never have a brand new car, I would have ultra OCD lol, I wouldn't even want to drive it!

Autoglym bird dropping wipes :thumbsup:

Especially handy if your not at home to get all the gear back out!

Good job btw.

good job dude looks good :wub:, that happens to me ALL the time :mad:its so annoying one of the bad things about having a shiny car seagulls love to ***** on it i would love to take a :gun2: to them lol

Nice, lovely car!!! Yeah bird **** shud be illegal or the bird should get pen points and after 12 points their ***** get sown up lol

Thanks for all the nice comments guys, do appreciate it. Going to give it another clean on Sunday and treat it to another coat of wax, the beading is awesome

good stuff mate i used dodo juice on mine and its holding up really well awesome beading when it rains

looks so nice! x2 on the AG bird dropping wipes very handy

Cleaned her again today, took about 10 minutes. It's so much easier once protected! Was going to lay a new layer of wax down but didn't have time, will happen next weekend though.

It just proves that once protected it's easy to clean there after!

Great work!

Cleaned her again today, took about 10 minutes. It's so much easier once protected! Was going to lay a new layer of wax down but didn't have time, will happen next weekend though.

Totally Agree!

glad to hear mate , yeah thats so true mate i doesnt take me long to wash my car now the dirt doesnt seam to stick to the paint like it used to

glad to hear mate , yeah thats so true mate i doesnt take me long to wash my car now the dirt doesnt seam to stick to the paint like it used to
Dead flies, what flies? Piece of cake

Gave mine another much deserved clean today, managed to seal my windows but yet to see the results.

Will post them when I get some beading

Gave the car a little fresh up the other day before a photo shoot with Ash (Ash_B), here's a few photographs:

5829675033_92ddcbc166_o.jpg

5829670525_6d9c3a7b79_o.jpg

5829602709_4675fc26e5_o.jpg

5829593231_3d45a57f68_o.jpg

5830139610_6561245eda_o.jpg

5829550283_5b0ded0d75_o.jpg

5830116946_e5d236dd16_o.jpg

Comments welcome!

looking fresh.

hopefully you can turn up to one of the south wales meets now and show us the car in person, not seen ash in ages either

Stunning car, good to see it so well looked after :anbet:

Keep up the high maintenance!

looking fresh.

hopefully you can turn up to one of the south wales meets now and show us the car in person, not seen ash in ages either
I will try, normally busy on the weekends though

I will make more of an effort dude, will have to be done!
haha good man 24th of july i just posted that date in the south wales meet section you good for then plenty of notice after all , i know we all have loads of car shows coming up so not 100% sure when everyone is free but i dont think there is any shows on the 24th of july

Hi All,

Bit of a latecomer to this thread, I've only just registered and have a question about your car spec.

We've got a new A3 coming in the next couple of weeks to replace my wife's written off A3 S-Line 1.6TDi, it's a 2.0TDi 170 Black Edition, and my question relates to the pedals. I can see in one of your images here that your car appears to have the S3 chrome pedals, are they standard on the Black Edition or have you retro-fitted them? They look really good so I'm hoping you'll say they are standard but if not I think I'll try to retro-fit them myself, albeit ours is going to be an S tronic so I'll only need the two!

Lovely looking car dude. My brother does detailing work as his 2nd job so i know the time and effort it takes to make them look good!! If you need any help or pointers (not that you do) then let me know and i'll send you the link to his website. (trying not to promote there)

Byro

Hi All,

Bit of a latecomer to this thread, I've only just registered and have a question about your car spec.

We've got a new A3 coming in the next couple of weeks to replace my wife's written off A3 S-Line 1.6TDi, it's a 2.0TDi 170 Black Edition, and my question relates to the pedals. I can see in one of your images here that your car appears to have the S3 chrome pedals, are they standard on the Black Edition or have you retro-fitted them? They look really good so I'm hoping you'll say they are standard but if not I think I'll try to retro-fit them myself, albeit ours is going to be an S tronic so I'll only need the two!
It's bad news I'm afraid, they are retro fitted but it only takes 5 minutes and not that expensive. Think it's worth every penny for £100, makes the interior look that little more special.

Looks like you have a great spec car (similar to mine) on its way, enjoy every minute of it.

Lovely looking car dude. My brother does detailing work as his 2nd job so i know the time and effort it takes to make them look good!! If you need any help or pointers (not that you do) then let me know and i'll send you the link to his website. (trying not to promote there)

Byro
Thanks for the kind comments. It does take time and effort but every minute is worth it, having said that.... It hasn't been cleaned for about 3 weeks **slapped wrist**

It's bad news I'm afraid, they are retro fitted but it only takes 5 minutes and not that expensive. Think it's worth every penny for £100, makes the interior look that little more special.

Looks like you have a great spec car (similar to mine) on its way, enjoy every minute of it.

Thanks for the response, especially as I realised after I had posted that the question had probably been asked before!

Found some for just over £100 but I'll shop around a bit once the car is delivered as they do look really nice, and sounds like a fairly simple job to do, I don't want to hack at the car too much, and sadly there is no way my wife will let me lower it!!

I'm thinking that I might get away with a tuning box on it or a Revo flash or something, and then she can inherit my A4 Cabriolet, well for the 11 months of the year that we don't get much sun anyway (hope she doesn't see this!) :slapped:

Your car looks amazing, both in these photos but also the excellent 'photo shoot'. It's so nice to find a motor that will look pretty much identical, it's given me the reassurance that I won't be upset with the spec (as we pretty much had to pick from a list of cars ready for delivery in the UK as we couldn't wait for a factory order).

I can't wait, doing the finance paperwork tomorrow and going to see how quickly we can take delivery! Just hoping the S tronic mated to the 170bhp diesel feels quick. Would have loved the 2.0TFSi but couldn't justify running it over the wifes 50 mile commute to work just for me to have a blast at weekends!

Look forward to seeing your mods build up, even though it will leave me wanting as yours gets better and better, though I have to say I think it looks beautiful already!

Thanks for the response, especially as I realised after I had posted that the question had probably been asked before!

Found some for just over £100 but I'll shop around a bit once the car is delivered as they do look really nice, and sounds like a fairly simple job to do, I don't want to hack at the car too much, and sadly there is no way my wife will let me lower it!!

I'm thinking that I might get away with a tuning box on it or a Revo flash or something, and then she can inherit my A4 Cabriolet, well for the 11 months of the year that we don't get much sun anyway (hope she doesn't see this!) :slapped:

Your car looks amazing, both in these photos but also the excellent 'photo shoot'. It's so nice to find a motor that will look pretty much identical, it's given me the reassurance that I won't be upset with the spec (as we pretty much had to pick from a list of cars ready for delivery in the UK as we couldn't wait for a factory order).

I can't wait, doing the finance paperwork tomorrow and going to see how quickly we can take delivery! Just hoping the S tronic mated to the 170bhp diesel feels quick. Would have loved the 2.0TFSi but couldn't justify running it over the wifes 50 mile commute to work just for me to have a blast at weekends!

Look forward to seeing your mods build up, even though it will leave me wanting as yours gets better and better, though I have to say I think it looks beautiful already!
It's ok to ask a question, that's what forums are all about.

I think mine came in for around £109 all in from eBay, there's currently a used set on there for £59

Audi S3 pedals

I won't be doing much myself, just a few bits 'n' bobs here and there, check out my link found in my signature to my build thread, otherwise it can be found in the 8P section.

You won't be upset with the spec, I can assure you. The little updates found in the MY11 car are special and make it that little bit better, you will enjoy it, i'll put my neck on the line and say you won't be disappointed. I had the same feelings myself, I suppose you panic when you spend a small fortune on a car, it's natural I guess.

Thanks for the kind words though, it means allot!

I agree, it is a thing of beauty now but there are things that will improve it, you'll see my plans in the build thread if you have a quick read.

Thanks

James

PS Check your spelling in (Wine Nappa....), it keeps catching my eye as I reply and it's doing my head in haha