Finally got around to detailing......

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
Yesterday I finally got around to the detailing.Gradually collected the kit that I felt was most suitable.
DSCF0684-1.jpg

Fairly dirty but not horrendous as generally I wash it once a week if possible.
DSCF0693.jpg

DSCF0694.jpg

First off I went around with the APC 4.1 and sparayed into the wheel arches and around lower areas of the car. Rinsed the car off and washed with Werkstatt Jeffs Auto Body Wash and a sheepskin mitt. Love this shampoo as its it doesnt make loads of froth and the combination with the mitt just glides over the car.
DSCF0700.jpg

After I dried the car off it was time to clay bar using Meguiars clay. Only ever really used this before when a friend was doing his so had a ittle go. Made sure the clay was warm, tore off about a third of the bar, flatted out and sprayed with quick detailer and then using same Q Detailer kept the body well lubed up, probably used too much but was conscious of not want to scratch. Turned the clay inside out a few more times.
DSCF0703.jpg

Not as much came off onto the clay as I was expecting?
Washed the car again as before to make sure it was free of any residues etc and then time to use the Mezerna polish and Lake County polish pad. The idea of this pad is to help give a little extra 'cut' when hand hand polishing. This was a mission!
Used a couple of pea sized polish to a foot square of panel and then rubbed to a thin haze and buffed off.
DSCF0712.jpg

Next up was the Werkstatt Prime Acrylic applied a panel at a time and followed by the Wersktatt Acrylic Jett. I applied three coats of this with half an hour curing in between. It gave a deep shine but the sun went in before I could get any photos, It looks deeper in the sunlight. In the times waiting for coats of Acylic Gloss to cure I wet round with the Aerospace 303 and to grille mesh, window rubbers (in and out), and inner door cills. Cleaned wheels and dressed tyres. Started at 6.30 in the morning and finished at 4.30. Didint get around to doing interior although its done in there other than the seats. Mats need doing again though........
A few finished pics:
DSCF0715.jpg

DSCF0717-1.jpg

DSCF0720.jpg

DSCF0723.jpg

DSCF0725.jpg

DSCF0726.jpg

DSCF0727-1.jpg

Last edited:
looking good mate, how did you find the power finish using by hand? did you have the panel under lighting to see the difference?

It was ok for fine hazes but nothing more than that. I really put my back into it as well, and ache today! Few pics today in the sun:
DSCF0729.jpg

DSCF0730-1.jpg

DSCF0739.jpg

DSCF0738.jpg

DSCF0733.jpg

DSCF0732.jpg

Its the cleanest this car has been in my ownership and in fact the cleanest car I have owned. But its a lot of effort and not sure I want to be slave to it !!

Welcome to our world. We are doing a cobra next weekend so i'm looking forward to back pain (not) as the car is so low. Great job the car. Atlas Grey pop's..

Last edited:
Welcome to our world. We are doing a cobra next weekend so i'm looking forward to back pain (not) as the car is so low. Great job the car. Atlas Grey pop's..
make sure you get the picys up from the detail on this motor col

If this was a business thing I would invest if possible into a car lift, not a huge platform one just the little potratable one. Dont wnat risk the back day in and day out. Or even a raised platform via a slope.???I amanaged to break my neck a good few years ago and even after i was mended, I suffered for years after , if a i slept wrong or whatever, I would be nearly crippled again !!! DO NOT RISK YOUR BACK

Last edited:
If this was a business thing I would invest if possible into a car lift, not a huge platform one just the little potratable one. Dont wnat risk the back day in and day out. Or even a raised platform via a slope.???I amanaged to break my neck a good few years ago and even after i was mended, I suffered for years after , if a i slept wrong or whatever, I would be nearly crippled again !!! DO NOT RISK YOUR BACK

We will be fine. My back has been F**ked for year's i will have a day off after we finish lol.

make sure you get the picys up from the detail on this motor col

Fran i will do a full write up of the cobra.

Last edited:
my back is also messed up but not by detailing by a really bad car crash years ago but now im a detailer all day everyday it doesnt half hurt some mornings but i just learn to live with it not much i can do really :(