Wats this paint correction all abot then???

pazaz

Reaction score
As the subject, Paint Correction ?? What exactly is it?

Sorry for the stupid post

its a long process of taking out swirl marks , scratches ,bird etches , paint fading etc.. and restoring it to a show room finish basicly it can take anything up to a few days to do on a bad car all depends on how bad the car is and because of the time, effort and products involved it can cost alot of money to get done

exactly what it says on the tin mate, it is correcting your damaged painitwork and removing such defects as swirls, deep scratches, marring etc

we are in south wales mate if you want to pop up and have a chat about things to see what you can do to yours if you wanted it corrected, all depends on how bad your paint actually is.

i take it you understand firstly how to wash your car correctly to minimise the damage your putting into the paint in the wash process.

if you need any tips or advice then PM me mate and id be happy to help

cheers
Grant

Cheers peeps, I now know.. Cheers for the great link too:)

I haven't not long had my 07 s line and since cleaning throughly and using Mer I can see what looks like buffer marks. Like as if the buffer has stayed in one place too long? Or a novice has been let loose with an orbital.

These marks are only visible in bright sunlight and are like holograms as described in the attached link.

Once corrected would I need to keep up regular detailing work to stop it going back to how it is now?

Would this be something I could resolve with a DA myself?

I appreciate the info provided.

Maa
y thanks

paint correction is exactly that in other words no more swirl marks , buffer trails etc.. so they will not come back as they are removed completely

but as long as you keep it washed and waxed regulary then they in theory shouldnt come back at all only if a novice buff's it again and puts the buffer trails back into the paint , just have to make sure you know how to wash your car properly you should be fine and no auto car washes ever they ruin your paint

Talking of paint correction I ordered some Oem touch up paint for my S4 to touch up some small stone chips and it is a different colour. It's silver and the vin number was supplied so confirmation could be made. I now have a blotch of off colour silver paint on the front bumper!! Grrrrr

Talking of paint correction I ordered some Oem touch up paint for my S4 to touch up some small stone chips and it is a different colour. It's silver and the vin number was supplied so confirmation could be made. I now have a blotch of off colour silver paint on the front bumper!! Grrrrr
silver is the worst colour in the world to colour match as there is so many different shades and you can hardly ever get the exact one even if it is the right colour for your car silver never looks the same when touched up its just a fact of the colour , many colours are like that too blue is another one and sometimes black / white

Cheers peeps, I now know.. Cheers for the great link too:)

I haven't not long had my 07 s line and since cleaning throughly and using Mer I can see what looks like buffer marks. Like as if the buffer has stayed in one place too long? Or a novice has been let loose with an orbital.

These marks are only visible in bright sunlight and are like holograms as described in the attached link.

Once corrected would I need to keep up regular detailing work to stop it going back to how it is now?

Would this be something I could resolve with a DA myself?

I appreciate the info provided.

Maa
y thanks

No problem...

You'll need a correction to remove those holograms you describe. Either device will give you correction but for me it'll always be a rotary, to my trained eye a rotary will always give you the better finish.

Have a look at the difference in this picture, this is an RS4 that came to me in a bad way, most of the car was this bad. The picture shows the first few passes and is not yet refined.

Ali%20RS4%20050.JPG

G

you cant go wrong with either getting your car done by a detailer or getting stuck in yourself with a DA to start off with, like mr G said though it has to be a rotary to get a 99.9% full correction(no such thing as a 100% correction on a car as all cars are different and if marks are to deep then you cant compromise the mark for the full panel.

100% correction can be achieved, but only on a panel that has light swirling and no deep scratches or marring to start with. Taking too many µm off the panel just for one scratch is pointless I agree, something I've never done.

G

What sort of price are DA's these days ? And is there any basic how to guides ? I have a compressor already .Sorry to jump in lads