Chris NottBadger5
    3rd Gear

Status

What product for A3 interior grain plastics?

My plastics are very shiny all over like someone has been using some cheap silicon based polish on them. I'd like to restore them all to the original matte look.

I usually use Poorboys Natural Look, but this seems to be only good once the plastics are the way they should be.

What product can I use to clean the grainy plastics of the shiny silicon?

Thanks
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    Clean the plastics with a good quality APC like Meguiar's: Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner | Meguiar's Car Care & Detailing Products (dilute 10:1 water/product)

then dress with Werkstat Satin Prot: it gives a very 'factory finish' matt look: Werkstat Satin Prot | Werkstat Car Care & Detailing Products

events moderator

Status
    i hate it when people do that it makes them look so cheap and nasty doesnt it i dont even like using it on customers cars but if they request it i cant argue with them now ca n i lol , as john said you need to clean it first with a upholstery cleaner to get rid of the nasty silicon
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!

3rd Gear

Status
    Thanks for the comments guys - I'll get some of that stuff in then.

Yeah the shiny look that people seem to like is just cheap looking - there's a reason why the car manufacturers dont make them look like that from the factory :-)
    WANTED: S3 Side Skirts (3DR)

A3 S Line DSG TDi 140 (56) | Lava Grey | Groove & Drilled Discs | Green Stuff Pads | Eibach Sportline Springs | Eibach Spacers | Full heated leather | RNS-E 2010 MK2 | Rear Parking Sensors | Interior Light Pack | Heated Mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    I bought 303 and planning using a window waffle weeve to clean my dash as they are pretty hardy and dont give of fibres

events moderator

Status
    these are also great things for interior cleaning i use them all the time in work on leather / plastic's they clean things really well to be fair Halfords | The Great White Sponge Scuff & Stain Remover
    off the road boohoo anyone got a gearbox for me lol!!