PRD vs 80 Coupe

S4twiggy

Fully Certified Detailer!!
Reaction score
owner wanted an enhancement detail done on his 80 coupe as he had seen my car around few weeks ago and asked how it was so shiny and clean(which was nice of him) so we got talking about what i do and he asked if he could have his done to get the swirls and some marks out of his car so an enhancement was done on the car, owner only wanted his paint looking tip top so no interior shots or engine bay.

there was lots of damage on the car and lots of deep marks and dents which the owner said he was getting them repaired soon but he wanted the car looking good which is hopefully what i had done for the owner.

not many pics of the befores as i had the car late in the day and needed to get a move on.

products used were:

G101
Tardis
Billberry
Snow foam
Zymol shampoo
Sonus clay
Rotary
Lake country yellow cuttin pad
Lake country finnesing pad
RD85 3.02
FG 500
RD85(final finish
Paint readings were in the 200 region going up to high 200's so plenty to work with

doorshuts and sills were cleaned with APC and brushes aswel as all gaps and badges when snowfoam was applied to the car, sorry no pics but i was up against it
Photo0300.jpg

Photo0297.jpg

Photo0319.jpg

Photo0322.jpg

Photo0323.jpg

once inside and under lights i seen the full extent of the damage on the paint with heavy swirls and deep marks everywhere. this was going to be fun. bonnet was hit with FG500 3 times and marks taken out with 3.02 and a lake country lambs wool pad

Photo0329.jpg

Photo0337.jpg

Photo0332.jpg

Photo0334.jpg

deep marks which didnt warrant going too extreme on the bonnet
Photo0335.jpg

50/50
Photo0340.jpg

Photo0341.jpg

Photo0343.jpg

Photo0345.jpg

nice clarity and reflection
Photo0347.jpg

Photo0349.jpg

Photo0353.jpg

Photo0357.jpg

this door was extremely bad and took alot of work to sort it out after having damage on the panel it wasnt easy
Photo0355.jpg

Photo0356.jpg

Photo0358.jpg

Photo0359.jpg

Photo0364.jpg

Photo0367.jpg

Photo0369.jpg

after some hard work i had decent results from the FG500
Photo0371.jpg

Photo0373.jpg

good results apart from that huge scratch
Photo0374.jpg

Photo0376.jpg

boot spoiler
Photo0380.jpg

Photo0381.jpg

Photo0383.jpg

Photo0385.jpg

Photo0386.jpg

unfortunately now my camera then went dead on me so no more of the stages
finished car
Photo0390.jpg

door has been damaged so think it was changed as its slightly different colour and its dropped a bit
Photo0389.jpg

Photo0388.jpg

that wheel is badly pitted its not dirty lol

car then finished with final finish and waxed with DoDo blue velvet

thanks for looking

good job there grant not bad for an old model of audi like that in work the other day i did a m reg audi a6 avant with 189.000 miles on it it was faded to f$*k but it came up quite good to be fair but it was a trade car

That's some pretty epic correction there chap! Those marks look deep!

"FG 500", Menzerna? Pretty aggressive?

yes jim the menz FG500, it is pretty agressive but the pics dont show the full extent of the damage on all the panels, this paint was HARD work mate.

the FG impressed me. 3.02 was giving good results but i need to go more agressive on this car.

by far the worst paint i have worked on

Have you used FactCut+? If so, how does the FG compare do you think? (dont know much about it myself!)

It looks a very nice turnaround chap!

yes mate i have Fast cut and it gives me good results when needed, only got the FG the other day so wanted to try it out and a perfect example to try it out on. its not as dry as Power gloss which makes it go a bit further mate. overall im impressed with it so shall use it when needs be but i like fast cut also so all depends on what vehicle i do(im always doing Audis lol)

got a peugeot 206 next week so ill compare both on the car and see which one performs better.

have you had much time with the FG500 then jim?

Thats a great job done on the coupe big lad!! How long did it take you to complete? what did you use on the wheels?

MickyRay

Thats a great job done on the coupe big lad!! How long did it take you to complete? what did you use on the wheels?

MickyRay
hi mick, took me about 10 hours in total to do, i used billberry neat on the wheels to get them looking tip top