303 aerospace protectant

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
I have ordered some 303 aerospace protectant (Cheers PB !) which i intend to use on engine bay and interior trim (which I will have cleaned with APC). I was wondering (and hoping) that i could clean my honecomb grilles with the APC and then use the 303 to dress. I have a Swissvax detail brush to help get in there! Is this going to work and if so do i just spray the 303 and agitate with detail brush and just leave as it would be a mare to try to wipe it down. I am aware that in the engine bay you can spray and leave and thought i might be able to do the same on grilles? possibly protecting area around from overspray,
??

I'd clean the grilles with APC, agitate with the brush and rinse.

For the 303 if you set the bottle to stream, rather than spray, mask or over the surrounding areas then apply a thin coat to the grilles, that's probably the best way to go about it. I'd try to avoid any wiping as a) it'll leave a sub-standard finish and b) it'll be a total pain!

:)

Best to rinse first, APC and agitate, then rinse.

That's probably fastest and should be the most effective route.

Love the fact that you can leave 303 to dry and it dries with no streaks/run marks!!

Although I really want to get around to using GTechniq C4 on my plastic engine parts soon...

as above, just only started using the 303, (yes I am a little behind the times) but each and every report raves about C4, think I may have to invest in some next.

Gotta say it doesnt get easier than this! So i cleaned engine bay with APC 10:1 and agitated around the Audi badge and little dirt collection points etc. Then around 10.30 this morning the 303 turned up. so at about 12.30 I applied it in my lunchbreak. And then closed the bonnet and walked away. These are pics are about 5 hrs later. Still turning to a satin finish. But I am very, very happy with the result.
DSCF0627.jpg

DSCF0628.jpg

DSCF0630.jpg

Nice result. I suspect it's looking even better today as the 303 has a chance to penetrate into the plastics a little.

How much does this stuff cost?

So today I appled the 303 to the front grilles. I took the main front grill out as there is a little lip inside at the bottom that looked dirty and wanting do it properly. So I had washed it this morning with Werkstatt Shampoo, Then APC 10:1 to all 4 front grilles. And then sprayed on the 303 and agigitated all the mesh using a Swissvax detail brush. So much better. I thought they looked reasonably black before but now they look much better and the mesh seems to have alot more definition.

DSCF0633.jpg

DSCF0635.jpg

DSCF0636.jpg

DSCF0637.jpg

and a side profile random whilt I was out:

DSCF0638.jpg

I cant see a size on the description in the advert. or about fixed delivery charge. Did you ring them? Thats a great price if you can get it for that.

Well i compared the bottle pic to another site and that was the size. I added a few to the basket for the delivery charge. I will send them an email and post up what they say. If its that cheap then bargain!!

Well i compared the bottle pic to another site and that was the size. I added a few to the basket for the delivery charge. I will send them an email and post up what they say. If its that cheap then bargain!!

What came of this bud?

They never emailed me back! Not sure whether to gamble or not...

I found some in 236ml bottles for £2!! So its £6 postage but you can buy as many as you like!! so you could buy just under a litre for £14!

STUFF4POOLS [Merlin Leisure Group] Stuff 4 Pools Spa Chemicals

I seen this and was very interested. Emailed then called last week and it kept ringing out.
Called this morning to ask what size the bottles were and was told they were 5ml!!

Came off the phone and thought that's like a teaspoon!! Surely not. Must have been a mistake, I think she said they were only samples, but still 5ml??