Miglior Detailing: Audi TT-RS - Sepang Blue! Swissvax Detail! WOW!

Miglior

Reaction score

top.jpg

Please take the time to view our full website!

Hello there! I’ve got another Audi RS for you! It’s an Audi TT-RS this time!

Here is some info on the Audi TT-RS:

With its world debut at the 2009 Geneva Auto Show, and developed by Audi's high performance subsidiary Quattro GmbH at Neckarsulm, Audi released the first ever compact sports car Audi "RS" model - the Audi TT RS, which was available from 2009 in Coupé and Roadster variants. This new TT RS harks back to the sporting legacy of 1980s Audi Quattros - with their high performance five-cylinder turbocharged engines, the TT RS will include an all-new 2.5 litre inline five-cylinder Turbocharged Fuel Stratified Injection (TFSI) petrol engine. This new 183 kilograms (403 lb) engine produces a DIN-rated motive power output of 250 kilowatts (340 PS; 335 bhp) from 5,400 to 6,700 rpm, and torque of 450 Newton metres (332 ft-lb) at 1,600-5,300 rpm.
The TT RS has a new short-shift close-ratio six-speed manual transmission, and like all "RS" models, is only available with Audi's 'trademark' Quattro four-wheel drive system, with the TT RS using a specially adapted version of the latest generation multi-plate clutch from Haldex Traction. Additions to the Quattro system include a constant velocity joint before the cardan propeller shaft, and a compact rear-axle differential – up rated to cope with the increased torque from the five cylinder turbo engine.
Like the TTS, the TT RS has a 10 millimetres (0.4 in) lower ride height, optional "Audi Magnetic Ride", and rides on standard 18 inch road wheels with 245/45 ZR18 tyres (optional 19" or 20" wheels are also available). The brakes are up rated to include two-piece cross-drilled and radially vented front discs, sized at 370 millimetres (14.6 in) in diameter. The front discs are clamped by gloss black painted four-piston calipers, adorned with the RS logo. Rear ventilated discs are sized at 310 millimetres (12.2 in) in diameter.
It includes a fixed rear spoiler (retractable optional), and has black interior with heated Alcantara/leather sports seats (Silk Nappa, Fine Nappa leather optional). The Recaro "RS bucket" seats, first seen in the Audi B7 RS4 are also available as an option. Also carried over from the B7 RS4 is the 'Sport' button, which sharpens the throttle response and deepens the exhaust note, and a three-stage user-selectable Electronic Stability Programme (ESP).
Official performance figures indicate the TT RS Coupé will accelerate from standstill to 100 kilometres per hour (62.1 mph) in 4.6 seconds (4.7 seconds for the Roadster), with an electronically limited top speed of 250 kilometres per hour (155.3 mph). There is a factory option to de-restrict the top speed to 280 kilometres per hour (174.0 mph). The Coupé has a kerb weight of 1,450 kilograms (3,197 lb), and the Roadster weighs in at 1,510 kilograms (3,329 lb).
As of 2010 the TT-RS is available with the 7-speed DSG automatic transmission capable of handling the torque delivered by the engine. The 6-speed gearbox used in the TT-S cannot cope with 450 Newton metres (332 ft-lb) which is why the TT-RS initially was offered only with a manual transmission.
The car went on sale in March 2009, with delivery beginning in summer.
In 2010, the TT-RS was confirmed for the US market. The decision was influenced by an internet petition to bring the TT-RS stateside, which succeeded with over 11,000 signatures. The TT-RS is expected to arrive in Q3 2011.

Another thing about the TT-RS I am AMAZED by is its speed from the 2.5 Turbo engine! This engine is an absolute peach!

Have a look at this Video. It features a Modified E60 M5 who expects to absolutely spank the TT-RS. A modded E60 M5 you would expect it to eat the TT-RS alive. The green TT-RS here has a Remap and exhaust.

**This video is taken by the M5Board.com. It features racing on a closed circuit. This video may contain swearing **

YouTube - Audi TT RS 450 HP vs BMW M5 Supersprint

The race is held from a rolling start about 0:45 seconds in.

Anyways....Time for my detail!

Here is how The car arrived!

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

First up was a Valet Pro Citrus degreasing session. There was about two month’s worth of Road salt, grit and dirt on the car in a thick film.

8.jpg

This was rinsed off; I took about 10 minutes with this, just on the rinse.

9.jpg

The wheels are looking sorry for themselves also. It looks like I’ll spend a while on those!

Then the car was snow foamed. Many might say this is unnecessary, but I wanted to make sure as much of the dirt and grime was gone before I started touching the car.

10.jpg

The car was then washed with the two bucket method. All the door shuts, grills, gaps and wheel wells were also done at this point.

Once the wash was finished, I set about decontaminating the paintwork. First up, remove the tar spots!

11.jpg

12.jpg

Once that was done, I set about the wheels. They were in a real state for a new car, so a 3 stage battle plan was launched, the end move was Iron filing remover. This is a quick car, with huge brakes. It’s also not a lightweight, so there was plenty of bonded brake dust that needed removing!

13.jpg

14.jpg

Once the outside work was done, the car was rinsed down again and ready to be brought into the unit for claying.

15.jpg

I was surprised by how much dirt it had picked up for a car with 2000 miles on it. It just goes to show, an unprotected car is a dirty car!

16.jpg

20.jpg

17.jpg

18.jpg

19.jpg

After claying, the car was blow dried and then towel dried.

21.jpg

Clean, Dry and ready to polish.

22.jpg

Once it was dry, I stuck it up on the ramp and cracked on with the polishing. The TT-RS' paint was polished to a level to remove 95% of the defects. This was largely achieved via a one stage approach.

23.jpg

24.jpg

25.jpg

Some of the tight areas where a machine could not get were polished by hand.

26.jpg

The wax of choice.... Swissvax Best of Show! What else on such a beautiful colour?

27.jpg

Whilst the Swissvax Best of Show was curing, I finished off some of the finer details like the exhaust, the door seals, sealing the door shuts etc.

28.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

31.jpg

This was done using Swissvax Metal Polish.

Here are some after shots...

32.jpg

34.jpg

35.jpg

33.jpg

36.jpg

41.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

Arty shot...

42.jpg

The interior was also done. The leather was cleaned also.

39.jpg

38.jpg

40.jpg

Before

3.jpg

After

45.jpg

4.jpg

40.jpg

2.jpg

33.jpg

1.jpg

41.jpg

Thanks for reading guys!

bot.jpg

Excellent! Both the work and the write up and photographs - well done mate, superb!

Great work and lovely car/finish stunning

Lovely job mate, I'm doing an rs4 avant-garde in the next few week and looking forward to it!

Are you selling the bbs ch wheels in the back round??