Most effective way to wash your car during the winter?

medicpaul

Reaction score
With the car outside for the majority of the year and no access to a hose, I'm stuck with bucket and sponge. During a recent visit to Plymouth I decided to try this company Drake Circus - 2G Services who uses a waterless technique which was quite impressive. Result had a lovely watery shine. What product would give similar results with little time. Car was done within 1 hour so a similar product would great.

take it to a local carwash
sorted

Never seem to get that shine though. Perhaps a spray wax?

don't get your car washed at the local supermarket, the water, sponge and cloths are god knows how old being used day in and day out. It will be scratching your paint leaving swirl marks etc. If you get a proper valet done with a good hard wax you can just rinse off the dirt down the jet wash.

Re the finish they probably used some turtle way ICE and its just covering up the dirt and swirls.

Well in my area theres so much building work going on, its like desert storm, however like to get a shine now and then. During the summer months cleaning is a pleasure but during the winter its a drag. Guess there's no easy fix for a easy shine

basically in the winter your limited if your only able to wash outside, the best thing to do mate is once its a bit warmer so the water does not freeze give the car a good protection detail i.e

good wash
clay the car to remove contaminents
polish with machine or by hand
get a good couple coats of a good wax on the car to protect it so when it comes to washing t will be easier and the car will still have the shine from the protection.

mine was done some time ago and it still looks like this once washed due to the protection i have on it.
Photo0195.jpg

Photo0194-1.jpg

you cant beat a good protection applied to the paint to keep it in condition, dont bother with this turtle wax rubbish, have a look on CYC(clean your car website) and look for options on there as there are many around mate

this was done when we had all the bad weather aswel so with a bit of hrd graft it is possible to wash your car in bad/cold weather. nice warm soapy(not fairy liquid lol) water, good mitt and do panel by panel and dry after every panel.

Last edited: