Miglior Detailing Ltd: Audi RS4 Full Correction - Sprint blue - Swissvax BOS!!

Miglior

Reaction score

top.jpg

Hi guys, thanks for checking out another write up!

Here we have a Sprint Blue RS4 in for a correction after the owner admitted he’s not been able to give it the attention he wanted to over the winter! It needed a tidy up and it was booked in for a 4 day correction plus a deep leather cleanse and interior detail.

I’ll get right into the write up... the pictures do the talking a lot better than me! I’ll start with the interesting part, the actual correction!

So here it is on the lift, mid way through the correction

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The audi clear coat needs quite hefty correction combo to see much of a difference. On this car I used a 3 stage machine polish technique to get some brilliant results! I used a gloss it wool pad/festool wool pad with Menzerna S500. Then I moved onto a Chemical guys yellow polishing hex-logic pad using Menzerna Intensive polish. Then to refine the finish, I used a 3m finishing pad and Menzerna 106 ff (final finish). In between all these steps, I used regular IPA wipe downs to make a true assessment of how the paint was responding to each polishing step.
Some areas of the car needed 2 to 3 passes due to me regulating heat or depending on the shape of the panel. I removed roughly 4-6 microns on average and up to 8-9 on some sanding marks.....as you will see later on.

So...after the polishing and IPA wipe down.

4.jpg

Under the sun gun

5.jpg

6.jpg

7.jpg

8.jpg

The dog was even impressed!

9.jpg

More of the correction on the driver's side.

10.jpg

11.jpg

IPA wipe downs

12.jpg

Checking the true finish under the sun gun after IPA wipe downs

13.jpg

Now, onto the sanding marks!

14.jpg

This seems to be an area where the paint shop didn’t quite mask off enough when painting the bonnet and front wings in the past!

So, first up was to measure the paint and get cracking with the wool pad!

15.jpg

Once we had done one pass, it was time for another IPA wipe down

16.jpg

AS you can see, there is still evidence of the marks. It is improved, but not quite good enough.

17.jpg

So, I gave it another pass. This removed a total of about 8 microns here... this left this...

18.jpg

The camera is very very very close to give you an idea of how slight the marks were. The sanding paper was very coarse hence leaving deep marks

19.jpg

There is barely anything left and even under the metal halide lights you can barely notice it! With the 8 microns that had been removed, I decided it was a brilliant result! ;)
Then it was onto the polishing after the wool pads.

20.jpg

After the polishing, this is how it’s looking! It still needs refining here. It has been wiped down with IPA too

21.jpg

22.jpg

23.jpg

Refining...

24.jpg

Once the majority of the major correction was done, it was time to attack the intricate areas with smaller pads.

The RS4's have very prominent sills which attract a lot of scuffs due to people banging their shoes on them. I used wool on these too as they’re plastic to keep the heat down but achieve good correction levels.

25.jpg

Once the wool was done, I switched to a Swissvax finishing pad to refine the finish.

26.jpg

Some 50/50s on the sills

27.jpg

28.jpg

29.jpg

Once the correction was done, the car was dusted down and I started about the finishing touches. The interior was done without the camera I’m afraid (I left my SD card at home, and its 8 miles away haha)

Last edited:

The glass was cleaned with Swissvax crystal

30.jpg

The leather was cleaned with Swissvax leather cleaner. The carpets were extracted and protected with 303 fabric guard.

The dash was wiped clean with a damp MF and then treated with Jeff's Satin Prot.

31.jpg

The seals on the outside of the car were dressed with Swissvax Seal feed

32.jpg

33.jpg

34.jpg

The car was waxed with Swissvax Best of Show. The car received two cars of this, and afterwards....WOW!!!

Here we see the waxed being buffed with A Swissvax Micro polish cloth.

35.jpg

Leaving this finish.....

36.jpg

37.jpg

More of that later!

The wheels and tyres were scrubbed, polished and sealed with Swissvax Pneu and Swissvax Autobahn.

I think that pretty much covers it! Here are the after shots!

39.jpg

40.jpg

41.jpg

42.jpg

43.jpg

44.jpg

45.jpg

46.jpg

I managed to get some after shots the day after too in the sunlight! Which, for February in Accrington is a novelty?

Enjoy!

47.jpg

48.jpg

49.jpg

50.jpg

51.jpg

52.jpg

53.jpg

54.jpg

55.jpg

Thanks for reading guys!

bot.jpg

very nice mate, i had similar marks from sanding on a 996 turbo and the wool pad is amazing at getting the results. stunning car and stunning job mate.

loved your dog mate i instantly laughed my **** off

Some nice work there mate, question, is that masking tape I see?