Leather cleaning & Conditioning

ScottD3

I want your faulty electronics
Supporter
Reaction score
Website
wheelsnwires.blogspot.com
I've all ways used Gliptone Leather Cleaner & Conditioner for my car leather.
I'm now running out and up for trying something else.

Any recomendations?

Also after something to repair the cracks and splits in the leather.

LTT lazy leather, this stuff is top top stuff mate, expensive but one of the best out there. its on the LTT website mate so check it out.

I used Renapur on my bike leathers and lost it so just bought the cleaner and conditioning wax for the car too now.

No, dye is something we avoid to be honest. The cleaner and balm will start to bring the leather back nicely though: it adds a lot of nourishment to the leather.

in the right hands dye can turn a good leather into an amzing one, i saw Tony Spears dye the interior of and old 996 porsche and was amazed at how good it turned out, it was like the seats were brand new from the factory.

I'm assuming I need dye or some form of treatment to get the colour back in to theses cracks.

IMAG0075.jpg

For cabriolets that get more direct sunlight, should I be using a nourishing protector to keep the leather good ? I have had my cab 5 weeks and not even had the roof down yet, its the light grey interior which is in showroom condition (car has only done 32k and its a 20003 !) ......

Advice welcome.....

IMAG0587.jpg

Axios- try using the cleaner first and then a protector to see what results you get, if needs be then you can dye the seats, its not hard but time consuming as you have to be there heating with a hair dryer/heat gun in this weather. if you dye the seats then it will correct them mate and look good as new(assuming its done correctly)

For cabriolets that get more direct sunlight, should I be using a nourishing protector to keep the leather good ? I have had my cab 5 weeks and not even had the roof down yet, its the light grey interior which is in showroom condition (car has only done 32k and its a 20003 !) ......

Advice welcome.....

IMAG0587.jpg
yes mate just make sure the leather is cleaned, protected and nourished to keep it looking like new, cant really give advice about the cabrio as it sees about the same light as a normal car unless you live in a warm climate where the top is always down. just keep looking after the leather and you should be fine

Axios- try using the cleaner first and then a protector to see what results you get, if needs be then you can dye the seats, its not hard but time consuming as you have to be there heating with a hair dryer/heat gun in this weather. if you dye the seats then it will correct them mate and look good as new(assuming its done correctly)

I'm going to try the raceglaze, see how I get on.
When the summer comes I'll check out the dye idea again.

thanks all.

id be interested in a cleaner/conditioner that leaves a matt finish.I tried zymol (luckily on a small area) and it left it shiny and slippy...just what i didnt want

id be interested in a cleaner/conditioner that leaves a matt finish.I tried zymol (luckily on a small area) and it left it shiny and slippy...just what i didnt want

the Gliptone is very good. not shiny or slippery at all.
I've been really impressed with it but thought its time for a change.

LTT lazy leather mate, when i cleaned the seats of the 996 turbo it left the seats with a nice clean matt finish which it should be.

havent tried the gliptone yet but heard its good stuff but ive always used LTT from a recommendation of one of the best detailers in britain

I'm going to try the raceglaze, see how I get on.
When the summer comes I'll check out the dye idea again.

thanks all.
let me know how the raceglaze stuff works mate, if its as good as my stuff then ill look into it. cheers

LTT lazy leather mate, when i cleaned the seats of the 996 turbo it left the seats with a nice clean matt finish which it should be.

havent tried the gliptone yet but heard its good stuff but ive always used LTT from a recommendation of one of the best detailers in britain

Does the LTT does leave a nice leather smell behind?
I love that about the gliptone, for about a week after I have this nice hint of leather in the air of my car.
Never buy a air freshener. :)

Bit of a update on on the Raceglaze leather care kit.
So far so good.
The leather seems softer, appears to be losing its shine and some of the smaller dents have gone away.

I got a little bit left and going to order some more next week.