Can I use Menzerna 203S on my headlights?

crazypainter

Reaction score
Website
www.crazypainter.com
Want to give my headlights a bit of a clean up. Seeing if there anything i have in the flat already I can use. I have some Menzerna 203S that i havent cracked open yet but wondering if this is ok or too cutting? Also kicking about i have some Zymol cleaner wax, AG Car glass polish, Meguiars Deep Crystal paint Cleaner. Any of these in combination any good? I should point out I also have the Werkstat Acrylic Kit.

are you using it with a machine i.e DA or rotary?? you can use anything on the headlights to polish up a little but the benefit from using a machine is where you will see the gains but yes yoiu can use 203 on them mate

like i said mate to get the benefit out of it you need a machine. but go for it and see what you think anyway

This is the difference when using a Rotary or DA.

Rear Light example

BEFORE.
IMG_0086.jpg

AFTER
IMG_0119.jpg

I need to give my headlights some attention aswell. It looks like theres dirt/dust on the inside but surely this can be possible as its a sealed unit? Its not visible in daylight but looks terrible at night. Im hoping its small stone chips that can be removed with the DA

I was under the impression that I could you this polish by hand with a Lake country light cut hand pad. I hope that i can????

Yes, this'll be fine: it'll be more difficult than working by machine but if you put in the effort then you'll see good results.

Polycarbonate headlight covers are generally quite soft and only need polished - there seems to be a trend for wetsanding them but in most cases it's completely unnecessary.

:)