Sky InsuranceBadger5
Results 1 to 12 of 12
  1. #1
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808

    Question Advise on alloy wheel - photo's inside

    Ok started like this



    Now like this, as you can see its still dirty and it wont move even with a bit of elbow grease.
    So just wondering what products would you guy's recommend? Thanks



    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    James.Asbri's Avatar
    Vorsprung Durch Technik
    Snake Champion

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    1,181
    Hi Ash,

    If that is tar you could try Autosmart Tardis and if that doesn't move it you could try claying it?

    James


    MY11 Audi A3 Black Edition | Ibis White

    Technology Pack | Interior Light Pack | Heated Front Seats | Tyre Pressure Monitor | Folding Mirrors | Deletion of Model & Engine Capacity

    Follow me on Twitter

  4. #3
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,137

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Sell them and buy the 19"s off me

  5. #4
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    Sell them and buy the 19"s off me
    Ha what you gonna sort me out if I do pm me.

    Quote Originally Posted by Ibis Edition View Post
    Hi Ash,

    If that is tar you could try Autosmart Tardis and if that doesn't move it you could try claying it?

    James
    Hi James


    Thanks for that I'll go get some tomorrow and see how I get on.

    Cheers
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  6. #5
    a9503128
    Guest
    Try the tardis stuff but you could be just as well with WonderWheels but its a harsh chemical but for the best results get then powder coated from someone like First Aid Wheels (if you're nr London its drive in) and they will come back perfect for about 50 per wheel.

    If you're going to scrub away don't let your work go to waste polish and seal / wax the rims it will help you keep them clean.

    Alex

  7. #6
    1210tech's Avatar
    Four Ring Fanatic

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Birmingham, UK
    Posts
    689
    I hope I'm wrong but some of the staining/marks left on the inner of the wheel look like corrosion to me, as previously posted try spraying on some tar remover and leave to soak until agitating/wiping off

    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the split rim BBS alloys have a polished lip? If so I wouldn't use wheel acid on them as it will burn/tarnish the lip
    Last edited by 1210tech; 23rd January 2011 at 22:47.
    A4 2.5 TDi quattro sport saloon
    RNS-E DVD Nav running SW 0600 with 2007 disc including TMC function, Bluetooth Telephone, Audi iPod Interface
    18" RS6's now gone, replaced by OEM 18" S4 alloys
    Retrofit S-Line Bodykit
    Retrofit OEM Xenon's
    Retrofit Front Ambient Lighting
    Retrofit OEM Aero Wipers (thanks PJMSpeedy)

  8. #7
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Usually tucked away in someone's garage
    Posts
    29
    looks like corrosion has started to develop so a full refurb would be needed as the problem will only get worse.. will end up looking like these

    Last edited by JayPlay; 23rd January 2011 at 23:04.
    Regards,
    Jay

  9. #8
    N8
    N8's Avatar
    Kowalski Details

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Salford, Manchester
    Posts
    17,137

    My Social Networking

    Add N8 on Facebook Visit N8's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by benskin07 View Post
    Ha what you gonna sort me out if I do pm me
    I'll sort you out brosef!

  10. #9
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by a9503128 View Post
    Try the tardis stuff but you could be just as well with WonderWheels but its a harsh chemical but for the best results get then powder coated from someone like First Aid Wheels (if you're nr London its drive in) and they will come back perfect for about 50 per wheel.

    If you're going to scrub away don't let your work go to waste polish and seal / wax the rims it will help you keep them clean.

    Alex
    From Cardiff Fella bit of a distance lol. They are being refurb by my mate for 150 just asked if i could give them a clean before dropping them down. Cheers for the help

    Quote Originally Posted by 1210tech View Post
    I hope I'm wrong but some of the staining/marks left on the inner of the wheel look like corrosion to me, as previously posted try spraying on some tar remover and leave to soak until agitating/wiping off

    Also, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't the split rim BBS alloys have a polished lip? If so I wouldn't use wheel acid on them as it will burn/tarnish the lip
    Correct they do have a polished lip. The inner marks are tar and some sort of double sticky back material guessing from the weights. I dont use any sort of acid on my wheels. Will try the tar and claying if no luck will have to go to my mate as they are haha he just being lazy really

    Quote Originally Posted by JayPlay View Post
    looks like corrosion has started to develop so a full refurb would be needed as the problem will only get worse.. will end up looking like these

    They are having a full refurb by my mate he just wanted me to give them a good clean before i drop them down. Cheers for the help

    Quote Originally Posted by N8 View Post
    I'll sort you out brosef!
    Haha good lad
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  11. #10
    CHRIS555's Avatar
    DOPE with added OCD

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Midlands
    Posts
    1,941
    Get them refurbed Ash - they look like they've caught sumet of a hooker in a back alley

  12. #11
    Ash B's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Cardiff
    Posts
    5,808
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS555 View Post
    Get them refurbed Ash - they look like they've caught sumet of a hooker in a back alley
    i will fella dont worry. I'll split them this week or next send the rim to be polished and the rest for a refurb my current alloys need a refurb so might aswell get them done while im at it and my rear bumper haha
    Dark Vader Half sibling - MyThread

  13. #12
    S3RYE's Avatar
    Interior Next!!

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    London/Essex
    Posts
    3,456
    Quote Originally Posted by CHRIS555 View Post
    Get them refurbed Ash - they look like they've caught sumet of a hooker in a back alley
    have to agree
    Gone but not forgotten......
    S
    3 - Phantom Black - Black Optics - Most Extras

    Mods: Revo Stage 2+ - 18" BBS ch/Michelin PS2 - Recaro OEM Buckets - Milltek TBE NonRes/Sports Cat - Evoms Intake - APR hpfp - H&R Springs/ARBS F&R - Sachs Clutch/Luk DMF - AP Racing 6 Pot BBK - 10mm Spacers - Black Rings
    Mods To Do: Full Retrim - MY11 RNSe - Coilovers- Plenty Carbon




 

 

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO