the zymol sponge..what do you think?

Reaction score
hello guys, as the title suggests really... got one of these today and first impressions are that it does feel softer than your 'average sponge' and i notice that the cells in the sponge are very very close together, infact it looks as though it dosent have any. probably because it is silicon free. i got one on the basis of trying it out in comparison with my wash mitt which i like alot however is this sponge really as good as people say it is?

the main thing for me is , yes, you can see what you are putting on your paint with the sponge and it may rinse 100% free from dirt where as the mitt 'engulfes' the dirt in the pile. possibly the main hype is that paul dalton uses it and reccomends it however i know it will be down to wash technique too.

so... for thise who have used it... does it inflict scratches and what do you think!?!

cheers guys

I won't get drawn into this debate (again) but will add that a mitt can be rinsed free from dirt in the pile.

hello john
i myself am a mitt lover, i feel that it just glides accross the paint and sucks everything safeley up. what do you think of the sponge though in comparison to the mitt?

A sponge just holds the dirt on the surface, so youre just rubbing dirt over the panels

many people over on the dw say that it carries alot more solution over to the car than a mitt and when moved accross the paintwork creates a 'tidal' effect which washes the dirt away... ill find out what it is really like anyway as my car is swirl free so ill test it on a panel.

like you say though jonny, after all even if it is zymol, it is just a sponge. i hope it performs as highly as people rate it.

currently just soaking it and it does feel super soft in the water. however i still need convincing!