paint touchup - cant get a kit/can anywhere!

pjw

Reaction score
I have a very unusual colour A4 - LOB3 Purpur Pearl. Its a curse. Someone in the past has done some paint touching up, but im keen to do some more to get it A1.

Audi cant help, even from my VIN they dont supply the paint. I have seen a tin on EBay but would like a can too for larger areas.

Has anyone got any idea where i might get a can made up?

Thanks
Paul.

Localy to me there are auto paint supliers,
I take a car there, they use a book of colour charts match it spot on to the cars paint then can suply the paint in either a tin ( to be used by a bodyshop ) or make an aerosol for you.
Cost me about £10 per large aerosol

If you go to homebase they do a computerised colour match. Request the type of paint to be metal paint and you got yourself an exact match. All you need is a close up high res pic of the colour.

Look up chips away, they did a very tidy job on my old a3

go to chipex.com.
Their kits are made to your colour code.

£49.99 for a kit!

Localy to me there are auto paint supliers,
I take a car there, they use a book of colour charts match it spot on to the cars paint then can suply the paint in either a tin ( to be used by a bodyshop ) or make an aerosol for you.
Cost me about £10 per large aerosol

Are they an independent suppliers or one i might find a chain of in Glasgow or somewhere close?

Thanks for the replies guys, i suppose im really looking for the spray can.

Do homebase do the tins of it then or an aerosol too? Ive got a homebase really local so ill pop in.

Get the paint from homebase (if all else fails) and take it to halfrauds, where they will put it in a can for you aerosol. Alt, get an airbrush kit(much better than out of a spray can) and use it that way...