So the snow came... and so did the grit/salt and all the other bad things!

S3 Paul

Reaction score
Right, sure you have all noticed its snowed/ snowing quite a bit,
Great,
My car is rediculausly dirty, a cross between the usual road dirt and salt everywhere,

Whats the best plan for sorting ?
I plan to get to a jet wash as soon as the temps come up a little, just to blast off the dirt,
How am i best to tackle the rest?

it will be hard work to was a car in this weather mate, we had a nightmare with Rhyso A3 last weekend. if you can wash it then i suggest giving it a good rinse first then a snow foam to loosen any dirt and grime then pressure wash again to remove as much salt/road grime as you can before the usual wash regime mate. if you not got snow foam then just wash one panel at a time with nice warm water and a good shampoo to minimise damage to the paint, once cleaned get her well protected with a few coats of a good wax mate.

All I have been doing at the moment is giving it a good blast then snowfoaming, leaving that for 5mins then blasting it off, no point going all out because its mucky again in 5 minutes, just keeps the salt off.

+1 jack, these roads are bad with snow and no point washing the car when it like this

I just dont want to leave all the salt on the car

Just do what I said, will clear the salt off, give your archs a good blast to, my car is a right state at the moment, it's never been so mucky.

how do you guys wash your car without icing everywhere up? it's not that cold here, no snow atm, but i wouldn't wash or snow foam the car because it will be a death trap the next day!

I washed mine at the weekend - just a basic wash to clear the salt - however, Monday morning? my doors were iced up from the water left within the panal gulleys etc! It took me 20minutes of TLC to get in!!