Volks AutosChris Nott
    6th Gear

Status

So the snow came... and so did the grit/salt and all the other bad things!

Right, sure you have all noticed its snowed/ snowing quite a bit,
    Great,
    My car is rediculausly dirty, a cross between the usual road dirt and salt everywhere,

Whats the best plan for sorting ?
    I plan to get to a jet wash as soon as the temps come up a little, just to blast off the dirt,
    How am i best to tackle the rest?
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Fully Certified Detailer!!

Status
    it will be hard work to was a car in this weather mate, we had a nightmare with Rhyso A3 last weekend. if you can wash it then i suggest giving it a good rinse first then a snow foam to loosen any dirt and grime then pressure wash again to remove as much salt/road grime as you can before the usual wash regime mate. if you not got snow foam then just wash one panel at a time with nice warm water and a good shampoo to minimise damage to the paint, once cleaned get her well protected with a few coats of a good wax mate.

TDIPOWARRR

Status
    All I have been doing at the moment is giving it a good blast then snowfoaming, leaving that for 5mins then blasting it off, no point going all out because its mucky again in 5 minutes, just keeps the salt off.

Fully Certified Detailer!!

Status
    +1 jack, these roads are bad with snow and no point washing the car when it like this

6th Gear

Status
    I just dont want to leave all the salt on the car
    Noggy Blue 2001 S3

I ask questions because i change my mind so much. If i ask questions you have already covered... just leave it be?

TDIPOWARRR

Status
    Just do what I said, will clear the salt off, give your archs a good blast to, my car is a right state at the moment, it's never been so mucky.

5th Gear

Status
    how do you guys wash your car without icing everywhere up? it's not that cold here, no snow atm, but i wouldn't wash or snow foam the car because it will be a death trap the next day!

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    I washed mine at the weekend - just a basic wash to clear the salt - however, Monday morning? my doors were iced up from the water left within the panal gulleys etc! It took me 20minutes of TLC to get in!!