Which Snowfoam do you recommend?

CHRIS555

DOPE with added OCD
Reaction score
My pressure washer has just broke so I'm going to buy a new one and whilst I'm at it I want to pick up some snow foam cleaner - what do people recommend as I have never used it?!

Personally I use Meguiar's Hyper wash, bought from here: PB Foam Lance Kit | PB Car Care & Detailing Products

At first glance it seems expensive at £30 per gallon but I only use 1 'pump' in the foam lance then top up 1/2 to 3/4 with warm water so it goes a long long way.
Also use 1 pump in my 17L wash bucket and gives a super slick glide to the wash mitt plus it smells divine

Personally I use Meguiar's Hyper wash, bought from here: PB Foam Lance Kit | PB Car Care & Detailing Products

At first glance it seems expensive at £30 per gallon but I only use 1 'pump' in the foam lance then top up 1/2 to 3/4 with warm water so it goes a long long way.
Also use 1 pump in my 17L wash bucket and gives a super slick glide to the wash mitt plus it smells divine

A perfect answer!

We only recommend the use of Meguiar's Hyperwash as a 'snow foam' pre-wash, with a PA foam lance. Amazing dilution, won't strip waxes or sealants, safe on all surfaces (including convertible tops :icon_thumright:), job done. Price per litre at 400:1 (water/product) is, generally, around a tenth of most other 'snow foams' which tend to sit around the 25:1 ratio.

I personally don't recommend it in the bucket but if it works for you, go fot it.

:sm4:

Why not in the wash bucket John? works well and seems lubricated enough to me, fairly new to the detailing game so prepared to be corrected by a pro:thumbsup:

For me its Valet Pro Ph Neutral or Chemical Guys Maxi Suds

Both are awsome products imo, neither strip wax but tough on grime! I don't really pay much attention to how much i put in my lance tbh :blush: but i have had 5L of the Ph Neutral for almost 6months and only used 1.5L! Win :icon_thumright:

Why not in the wash bucket John? works well and seems lubricated enough to me, fairly new to the detailing game so prepared to be corrected by a pro:thumbsup:

I don't find it lubricated enough to avoid marring and it lacks a little 'something' as a shampoo - probably becuase it's designed as a pre-wash foam, not a shampoo, it's just outwith its intended design. If you're using it in the bucket and getting on fine with it it's not exactly the worst thing going, just make sure you're getting enough lubrication to lift dirt from the surface safely.

(copied from an earlier thread):
Costs per litre: I did a wee comparison between Meguairs' Hyper Wash and AN Other Snow Foam:

AN Other snow foam: light soil dilution ratio: 25:1 water/product (or 15:1 heavy soil)

5litres at £14.99 plus £15.94 shipping = £30.93.

At light soil dilution, 5 litres equals 125 litres of solution.

Meguiar's Hyper Wash: standard dilution is 400:1 (water/product).

3.78litres at £29.99 plus £8.95 standard next day shipping = £38.94.

3.78litres @ 400:1 = 1,512 litres of solution

Cost per litre for Hyper Wash at 400:1 (assuming shipping at £8.95) = 0.025 pence per litre (yes, 0.025)

Cost per litre for AN Other Foam at 25:1 = 0.247 pence per litre so almost ten times the cost.....

i'm going for the hyper wash next, i currently use Megs standard suds for my HD lance.......works ok but not overelly sold on the concept, hyper will be my last shot at it before selling the lance

'm going to have a bash with the Megs I think - I'll try and put together some pictures and info (before and after etc) to help others like me!