Micro fiber cloths...

S3 Paul

Reaction score
I just wondered, are there good and bad quality one?
Alot of mine are from asda in the car car section and the same brand is available at nearly all the car spare shops near me. they are quite good and feel about the same as the megs ones that come in their clay kits.
Are some better than others?

Those are the ones i always use, got loads of them, come in packs of 6 2 red 2 yellow and 2 blue. Bargain for £3!

Thats the ones !
I wash them in non bio at low temperature.
Im just checking im looking after my kit correctly and the basics i have are right.

I jus put them on a normal wash at 30 with no bio washing liquid stuff. I also tumble dry mine!

Here's a link to a section on Clean your car dedicated to Microfibre.

Link here!

I have purchased most cloths listed apart from Sonus. I particularly find the Euro ShagPile cloths to be excellent.

Link here!

Use them all the time now and won't use much else on the car apart from perhaps the softest cloth I've ever laid my hands on.....Supernatural Buffing towel. Truly amazing to use and cheap too.

Link here!

G

On a different note, I'm about to detail a Freelander. Not sure what to expect with the paint hardness to be honest, always had German so pretty hard. I was thinking of ordering up some G techniq kits spending around £100. I'm now wondering if my usual method of using Menz might be better/safer option. But I'm all for learning....any suggestions?

G

I really want to try the GT stuff buddy, the C4 is/was immense in terms of application and looks and initial beading. However, I guess the real test is in the longevity.

I'm secretly (or not) hoping to win their competition on DW, which will give me £100 of their products!

I would personally stick to the Menz for now, purely because I love them and you know how they react. I actually have no idea on the hardness question though! Sure someone on DW will, or if John pops his head in to this thread :)

The gtecniq P1 wool mop and foam pads are great im using them more and more now i have learned how to use them really are worth getting and playing with menz and 3m are my normal go to, but more i play with the P1 more im liking it just has a bit of a learning curve to get most from it.

As for towels the eurows are good for the price but also nice to have some shorter pile microfibers aswell as some waxes seem to come of easier with a shorter pile