JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
    6th gear!

Status

What Cleaning/Polishing Products to use?

Hi Guy,

I have always been amazed about how shiney some of the cars on here look! almost link a mirror!

My car previously havent had anything more than a quick clean by the previous owner.

How do i get this up to the standard of what you guys have?

And what products are best to do this?

in the past i have used AutoGlym super resin polish and AutoGlym Aqua Wax?

Thanks
    Steve
    S3 8L BAM - Where have you been all my life!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

ASN is hazardous 2 your wallet

Status
    have a look on polish bliss web bro they have loads of useful info ... all depends what your budget is to be honest mate... I am sure peeps will add to this but i am using Mags at the moment there stuff is pretty good and not too expensive..hope this helps anyway mate.
    A3 2.0 FSI metallic Pearl/ Liquid Blue, 18" BBS Calito's, rear Parking Sensors, Full Votex Kit, Weitec Hicon GT Coilovers, Cruise Control, Auto Lights and Rain sensor Wipers, Facelift Rear Lights, Personal German Pressed Plate (G9MBO).

Immediate TDL
    Calito's redone in pearl white
    Roof/Spoiler and wing mirrors wrapped in pearl white
    Bentleys 19's
    S3 Brake Upgrade
    BMC CDA Induction - hope it sounds lush..

DOPE with added OCD

Status
    I use Megs too - to be honest I like their product range and although I have a lot of Autoglym as well I find the Megs a bit more user friendly and generally get better results.

A good thing to do as a novice is go onto either Autoglyms or Meguiars website and request one of their product brochures - they have loads of tips and pointers on what to do and what products to use covering the whole car, bodywork, engine, inside etc

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve_T View Post
    Hi Guy,

I have always been amazed about how shiney some of the cars on here look! almost link a mirror!

My car previously havent had anything more than a quick clean by the previous owner.

How do i get this up to the standard of what you guys have?

And what products are best to do this?

in the past i have used AutoGlym super resin polish and AutoGlym Aqua Wax?

Thanks
    Steve
    Suspect it was you who called a few minutes ago in which case, hope I was of some assistance - if it wasn't you, feel free to call and I can advise.

Neutral

Status
    i use maguires.... detailing gold.....or super detailing its cold... 10 a bottle ..
    MODS so far....RS4 18" , CUSTOM MADE STAINLESS STEEL PERFORMANCE EXHAUST SYSTEM, TINTS(8% back ,back sides 20% front sides 50%), 40MM EIBACH LOWERING PRO SPORTLINE , VACUME VALUES.FRONT BLACK DEBADGED GRILLE......

6th gear!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by John @ PB View Post
    Suspect it was you who called a few minutes ago in which case, hope I was of some assistance - if it wasn't you, feel free to call and I can advise.
    Yep that was me! very helpfull!

with the das 6 is there a risk of damageing the paint?

Thanks
    S3 8L BAM - Where have you been all my life!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Used sensibly/correctly, the risk is minimal. If the surfaces are clean, pads clean and you work in a methodical fashion, indoors, you should not have any risk of marring the paint.

(Using a rotary increases the risk of burning the paint massively and you also riks strike through whilst paint removal will be much higher - with a DA the rate of removal is much less and whilst the work time is longer, you will get correction. It's also going to be far easier to refine the finish).