Oil spill

mattyboy199

Reaction score
Guys,

My oil top up bottle has leaked on my front passengers footwell mate, i have cleaned it numerous times over with fairy liquid however theres still oil embedded in the mat & to the underside of the rubber base, whats the best stuff i can use to remove it totally ? (glad it wasnt in boot !).

thanks

matt

ps where do people keep there top bottles ? i leave mine in the car so i can top at the petrol station.

Best bet would be to get a wet-vac to it to try suck it out?

Did you say it's spilt on the mat? Might be worth just replacing it for what it's worth.

Do you have the little cargo-net pocket thing in the boot? Or even the cubby holes on the side arches in the boot... either one of these would be a good place for the oil?

If its just the mat, get the pressure washer out.

I spilt a load of engine oil on my boot carpet while transporting an engine, took the carpet out and went over it 2 or 3 times with the pressure washer and it eventually took most of it out. Then left it to dry on the line overnight and slotted it back in.

guys surely i can resort to using a degreaser of some sort ? i dont have an aqua vac & recon the jet washer will destroy the rubber underside