Cleaning door sills

will89

Reaction score
I know people use a jet wash to clean out door sills/shuts etc, whats the best way to do this without getting the inside of the car soaking wet?

Thanks.

Use a ap cleaner then a soft brush and rinse with slow stream of water from your hose pipe.

That does sound the best way, but how to the people who use a pressure washer do it without getiing the inside wet?

The PW has a few setting's with a twist nozzle. We us our pw for 90% of the washing but we will only use a stream of water for engine bay's , door shut's, boot shut's. If you use a good apc you will get these area's clean without the use of a power washer. Check out the S4 detail Grant and myself done a few week's back there is pic of door hinge area before and after and with NO wet carpet..

Before
Photo0623.jpg

After
Photo0622.jpg

Which Ap did you use? I'm looking at the Meg's one at £18-19ish for 5 litres. How do you apply? through a spray bottle i'm guessing? And you just agitate it with a detailing brush?

You talk about washing the engine bay, was also thinking of doing this, some people say you should never do this with a hose/pw, if i use a hose then what should i cover up if anything?

Thanks.

Any good ap will be fine, our product's are acid free so a citrus ap/degreaser will be fine. Engine bay's we again would use the same product's using a slow steady stream of water or you could you one of these.

http://www.marolex.com.pl/images/produkty/master2A.jpg
http://www.marolex.com.pl/images/produkty/master2A.jpg

Take off plastic engine cover's and wash and treat them away from the car. wipe dry all area's treated. Engine bay's take time to get clean but once they are ship shape they ony need dressing with a good rubber care product's

My Engine Bay. Cam cover removed and polished by hand..

P108091412-1.jpg

Ok think i will order some meg's or autosmart and get one of the foaming spray bottles to try.

Thanks for your help :icon_thumright: