EM TuningSky Insurance
    vorsprung Durch Technik

Status

wax...degreaser polish..which one?

which is a good degreaser i can use to clean the engine with..and what should i seal with (normally use wd40)

I use autoglym regular but want to know which is a good polish/wax i can use that will give a good wetlook and doesnt cost a million,also is it wax or polish i should use?
    I clean car regular using autoglym shampoo anything better out there that doesnt cost a lot wher i can see better results?
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

2. # ADS
    ADS

TDIPOWARRR

Status
    A good de-greaser is autosmart g101, i think its a great product and one of the best apc out there.

You should think about giving your car a going over with a clay bar, you will get much better results when you apply polish after the car has been clayed.

As for polish i would stick with autoglym, guessing your meaning super resin polish? It's a great polish, top that over with a decent wax that doesn't cost alot (meguairs #16-10-12) (Collinite 476-14) (Autoglym high deff-25ish) (Autosmart "wax"-30ish) you should then have the look your wanting.

Then just keep up with regular washes(autoglym body shampoo is decent, i use meguairs soft wash gel and i love it-smells nice to lol) and maybe get yourself a quick detailer for a quick going over after washing to maintain that glossy look.

Then a few things that will help you maintain the nice look-use 2 buckets, decent wash mitt and not a sponge, proper drying towels and not a shammy or drying blade.

Hope thats helped abit.

vorsprung Durch Technik

Status
    drying towels like ...micro fiber ? ive always used a chamois......this bad?......p.s appreciate all the other good tips.
    Full leather/19"wheels/cruise/

2nd Gear

Status
    Hi,

Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner is pretty good for most tasks: good for engines, door shuts, interior trim, floor mats etc Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner | Meguiar's Car Care & Detailing Products

For more dirty tasks Meguiar's Super Degreaser is great but it can stain if left to dry so it's best for more intensive tasks - maybe the first engine clean, then use APC to maintain it. Meguiar's Super Degreaser | Meguiar's Car Care & Detailing Products

Might be worth a look at our guides to help with further product choice and process advice - washing, drying etcetera.

Essentially, yes, chamois = bad. No pile, any dirt on the surface gets trapped between the leather and the paint - result: scratches.

Assuming your car is the one in your avatar pic - definitely look at a sealant: my recommendation would be Jeffs Werkstat Acrylic.

(Waxes tend to be carnauba based, sealants are synthetic, polishes are abrasive)

Feel free to email or call if you'd prefer.