Porsche 993 - Merc C-350 - Golf R32

Jimmeh

Reaction score
A bit of a round up here guys. Some of my latest work (in the one post rather than creating three fresh topics!)

Porsche 993 Carrera 4

An early start saw me travelling into the West Mids for this lovely mid 90’s Porsche.

A relatively recent purchase for the owner; requiring a decent machine polish to lift and restore the lustre that seemed to be missing!

Product

• 303 Aerospace Protectant
• 3M Glass Cleaner
• AutoSol
• AutoSmart G101
• Dodo Juice Born To Be Mild
• Dodo Juice Supernatural
• Menzerna 203s
• Menzerna RD85 3.02
• Meguiars Last Touch
• Meguiars Hyper Wash

Upon arrival:

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

A great looking classic, but, as you will see, a bit rough on the edges.

DSC_0011.jpg

DSC_0012.jpg

Polish residues were everywhere:

DSC_0013.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

My usual approach was taken: wheels, arches and door shuts. Not much attention payed to the wheels as the following day they were being stripped off and replaced.

Following this, a decent well-needed deep clean:

DSC_0015.jpg

DSC_0018.jpg

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0021.jpg

DSC_0022.jpg

Drying as I go today as the sun was proving rather difficult to work against with the hard water droplets appearing everywhere.

General defects spotted:

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

The plan was to get as much of the work done out the front as possible (before the rain…). The reason being, the garage was only accessible via an access road some 200 yards round the corner so it would mean packing up and relocating etc.

Polish/pad combination finished up with a green hexlogic light cutting pad and Menz 203s which seemed to be finishing down nicely.

A grey haze was covering the whole car:

DSC_0035.jpg

Before:

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

After:

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

Delivering some nice results and only leaving the deeper random scratches.

Finally, the inevitable happened. I’d only made it half way round the wings and bonnet and the heavens opened:

DSC_0045.jpg

Packed up, reposition and was straight back to work.

50/50 on N/S/F wing:

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0057.jpg

Methodically working my way around the car…

Rear arch stone protectors cleaned up quite nicely after the one hit:

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

Before:

DSC_0064.jpg

After:

DSC_0068.jpg

“Carrera 4” badge removed upon owners request (Actually, it was him that actually removed it! Heat gun and Tardis used to remove glue residues)

DSC_0069.jpg

DSC_0070.jpg

After a couple of hits:

DSC_0074.jpg

The roof wasn’t in a great way. Lots of deep marks spotted under the strip-lights:

DSC_0077.jpg

Again, cleaning up nicely but leaving the odd deep scratches requiring further attention.

DSC_0076.jpg

Smaller in-accessible areas were cleaned up by hand with a German Applicator pad and Menz 106FA.

DSC_0078.jpg

Porsche badge was removed earlier on in the polishing stages; a good opportunity now to give it a going over:

DSC_0079.jpg
DSC_0080.jpg

Getting there now… the finer details remain (IPA wipedown, wax, dressings and finishing touches etc)

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

Dodo Juice Supernatural applied:

DSC_0087.jpg

Glass cleaned with 3M Glass Cleaner.
‘Tooth-pickery’ work carried out to remove excess polish build-up.
Exhausts worked with 00 wire wool and autosol.
Final wipeover before packing away and we’re done. Finished around 9pm (an 11 or 12 hour day).

DSC_0089.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0092.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0100.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

DSC_0102.jpg

So that was Thursday. Thursday night saw me have an overnight stop half-hour down the road for an early start on a b7 Audi A4 Avant the next day. Another overnight stay and I was a further 30 mins up the A38 to Burton Upon Trent where I attended a TDi-Sport.com club meet and had my 1.9TDi Avant mapped! Pushing 170bhp and 398lb/ft now! :)

Thanks!

Jim

Mercedes C-350 – Protection Detail

A concerned customer called through to ask about the ‘roughness’ and sticky residues that’d been left on his Mercedes.

Turns out, being based on an RAF camp, it’s parked close to nearby trees and is only just round the corner from constant new construction… All manor of air-born contaminants were going to be on this one!

Having booked for an external Protection Detail only, I hoped to lift all sticky fallout off of the car, tidy ‘the edges’ and add to protection already in place.

Product

• 3M Glass Cleaner
• AutoSmart G101
• Belgom ALU
• Chemical Guys New Look Trim Gel
• Jeffs Werkstat Prime
• Jeffs Werkstat Jett Trigger
• LTT Auto Ultra Foam
• Meguiars Hyperwash
• Optimum No Rinse (ONR)
• Sonus Green clay

Inspection…

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0058.jpg

DSC_0059.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0063.jpg

DSC_0064.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

Other than the contaminants and a few bits on the britework areas, it’s going to be tough to ‘add’ to this one! Makes a change having well prepped and cared for vehicle from the off!

Starting with the fancy wheels, AutoSmart G101 was used alongside various brushes and mitts aswel as dealing with the sills and shuts.

A thick delivery of snowfoam was given. Meanwhile, buckets were filled and intricate areas cleaned with a few small brushes.

DSC_0067.jpg

DSC_0068.jpg

DSC_0069.jpg
DSC_0070.jpg

Because of the heat, once the wash stage was complete, I opted to dry the vehicle before moving on to the important claying stages… In using Megs Last Touch I find residues have to be rinsed after every panel; using ONR however allows a panel to be clayed, and then merely wiped dry again. With the heat issues and hard-water spots appearing everywhere, ONR would be my clay-lube of choice!

DSC_0071.jpg

Lots of grime being ripped from the bonnet:

DSC_0073.jpg

Likewise, the roof, glass and boot lid weren’t much better!

DSC_0075.jpg

A decent amount of time was consumed in the claying stages. Noticeable difference spotted (and felt!) already.

Jeffs Prime applied by hand to cleanse the paintwork followed by multiple hits of Jeffs Jett Trigger which would act to seal and protect.

The chrome dished alloys were polished with Belgom ALU and the black painted surfaces cleansed with Jeffs Prime.

Other britework attended to with Prime (front grille surround, exhausts and carbon fibre splitters etc)

DSC_0077.jpg

DSC_0079.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg
DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0084.jpg

DSC_0085.jpg

DSC_0089.jpg
DSC_0091.jpg

Tyres dressed. Windows cleaned inside and out. Interior tickled with the hoover, G101 and the drivers seat cleaned up with LTT Auto Ultra Foam. Pretty much there? Yeah, we’re finished. Oh, one final job was to polish the doorshuts as the water spotting had left a right mess!

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0093.jpg

DSC_0094.jpg

DSC_0096.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0098.jpg

DSC_0099.jpg
DSC_0101.jpg

An eye-catching car! As said, difficult to make a massive transformation, but, a worthwhile job nevertheless. Thanks for reading.

Jim

Volkswagen Golf R32 – mk5 in black

A bit of a pre-sale prep here. Booked in for a Protection Detail in readiness to pass on to the new owner…

Product

• 3M Glass Cleaner
• 303 Aerospace Protectant
• AutoSmart G101
• AutoSmart Tardis
• Autosol
• AutoGlym Vinyl & Rubber Care
• Chemical Guys JetSEAL109
• Collinite 476s
• Jeffs Werkstat Prime
• Lusso Revitalizing Cream
• Meguiars APC
• Meguiars Wheel Brightener
• Meguiars Last Touch
• Meguiars Endurance Tyre Gel
• Sonus Green Clay
• Zaino Z8

Not many photos taken throughout unfortunately; still getting used to the new camera and had no time to spare with the sun beating down on the wet body panels…

DSC_0001.jpg

DSC_0002.jpg

DSC_0004.jpg
DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0006.jpg

DSC_0007.jpg

DSC_0008.jpg

DSC_0009.jpg

Generally, a well looked after vehicle. A quick tidy of the interior, the leather, and a full exterior body machine cleanse should see it well for the sale.

Wheels, arches and shuts cleaned in the usual manor. Several passes of Wheel Brightener were required to shift the most of the pitting on the wheels… The remaining bad spots were lessened with a clay bar.

Moving on to the wash/decontamination stage (I had to move quickly!) Although we were forecast for rain, the sun was blistering hot and made for washing/claying the car a bit of a nightmare.

Just after water-sheeting and pre-clay stages:

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0014.jpg

Once inside and fully dried down, a finishing pad was used to cleanse the paintwork with Lusso’s Revitalizing Cream.

Collinite 476s wax applied and removed with soft plush mf towels.

Wheels cleansed and protected, tyres and engine bay dressed.

DSC_0037.jpg

DSC_0039.jpg

All glass cleaned with the fantastic new 3M Glass Cleaner:

DSC_0028.jpg

Exhausts brought back to life with a mix of AutoSol, Belgom ALU and Wirewool.

Interior tickled with various brushes, VAX attachments and G101.

Front alu grille cleansed and protected with Jeffs Prime.

Plastics dressed with 303 Aerospace Protectant

And finally a Z8 wipedown before moving round into the sun for some final photos.

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0032.jpg

DSC_0033.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg
DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0036.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

Thanks!

Jim.

wow, once again, you are good!

The Porche is gorgeous and you made it even better! Top work Jim, love it

Wow all three are gorgeous!! great work as per usual! Got a right treat we did, 3 lovely cars! :D