Alloy clean

James.Asbri

Vorsprung Durch Technik
Reaction score
Hi all

What is the best alloy wheel cleaner that everybody uses, at the moment I'm using my shampoo?

Thanks

James

i think autosmarts spray stuff is really good. just mix it up, 1/3rd solution to 2/3rds water. very delicate on wheels.

I use megs wheel brightner. Can be quite potent but it can be diluted 1:10 if need be.

I'm still using some Wonder Wheels stuff I bought years back. Lasts forever & works well on VAG wheels I've had.
Made a right mess of the lacquer on the wife's Micra though...

Valet pro billberry is very good, dilute it down to the strength required. It is also non-acidic, so doesn't remove protection on wheels when you've waxed or sealed them. Autosmart tardis is a tar remover, not wheel cleaner, that is an excellent product too, is perfectly fine to use to de-tar alloys. Meg's wheel brightener is highly rated too but I've never used it. If your shampoo does the job keep using that, until they need a good scrubbing, then bilberry gets my vote

+1 for Valet Pro Bilberry. Been using it for about 18 months now and it's never failed me.

I'm still using some Wonder Wheels stuff I bought years back. Lasts forever & works well on VAG wheels I've had.
Made a right mess of the lacquer on the wife's Micra though...

I use wonder wheels as an initial treatment on a new car if the wheels are bad, then polish and seal with 4 - 5 coats, after that normal shampoo brings them up everytime. I wouldn't use it as a regular cleaner though, it's too acidic.