Your favourite wax?

tdia4

TDIPOWARRR
Reaction score
So whats everyones favourite wax?

Im torn between a few that i regularly use.

Autoglym high def wax: Love this stuff, very easy to put on and take off and lasts a good long while with decent results.

Dodojuice banana armour: Got to be my fave this one, leaves such a nice wet finish, even on my silver car.

Any that people would recomend on a silver car that car give a better finish and more depth then banana armour?

I love silver, hides the dirt and masks the scrathes. However i never found it a very rewarding colour to own in terms of pay back for your hardwork cleaning it. As such i would be hard pressed to spend a lot of money on a wax.

My current car is sprint blue and prior to this i had phantom black, both cars get Swissvax Saphir, and my next pot will be Best of Show. Swissvax is a big outlay but the pot lasts for ages. Its also easy on and very easy off :)

Been using Werkstat for the last couple of years, just moved on from the Carnauba (sp?) kit to the Acrylic kit as i've gone from a red car to a pearlescent purple.

Two or three coats of collinite gives a very good finish on silver cars, plus it's cheap and lasts ages!

autoglym high deff achives a nice wet finish every time on my dolphin grey a3 (on top of 3 coats of polishes)

Mine is Blackfire midnight sun and supernatural.

i think the hi def wax from autoglym is good, but a bit pricey for what it is. does give great reults on my silver a4 as well as my father in laws black crv

Auto Glym HD. Good at covering light swirls and gives a wet look.

Hello, Have phantom black TT, and use harlys wax, bought on e-bay. Excellent, I also use Meguiars Ultimate detailing spray after every wash.

Paul

Wax wise I have a few dodojuice waxes, but for silver cars I still use the Werkstatt which I just apply layers after a quick wash. Really fantastic shine and brings the car to a good finish.
For durability, at the end of the day I still use Collinite as its cheap, easy to apply and lasts for ages. For Winter prep I usually start putting on layers around October time and build up around 2-3 layers over a few weekends. This normally lasts me til late spring when I will strip it and apply werkstatt kit again.

Each on their own I say, depending on budget, brand and type of finish you are after :)

Another vote for werkstatt, I got amazing results on my reflex silver golf.

i use dodo purple haze on my black s3,very easy on and off and looks great!

i use collonite 915 on my noggy S4, i also have Dodo hard candy. its all in the prep mind imo. i use a good polish then Poorboys Black Hole and then Poor boys EX-P sealant and then collonite. next i think im going to try the swizzvax range. if i had the money and i was mental i would get the crystal rock designed by paul dalton but for £550 i dont think ill be getting that anytime soon lol. its all about personal preference, just take time to find which wax or product works best for your car mate.

Swissvax Crystal Rock is my favorite wax. I do not own this wax though.

Of the waxes I own, Swissvax Shield's my favorite.

Last edited:
Gotta be Zymol waxes for me, have experimented with quite a few different waxes being a detailer but I always end up going back to Zymol becuase of its ease of use and durability, even the lower end waxes such as Zymol Carbon out did some of the other manufacturers higher end waxes.

My two fave Zymol waxes are Glasur and Royale (although I don't own Royale I have been privileged to be working with it for the last few years)

:(

I hate 476 - it's very dull on paint work and there are much better waxes out there for the same price. The only issue is the fact that I have not found a wax that is as hard wearing as 476. It is a great winter wax.

I guess it depends on your situation. I'm lucky in that I have a decent sized garage, so I am able to wash/detail my car what ever the weather!

I like Carbon/Onyx for middle of the road waxes. SN is truly a great wax as well. Lower end of the budget, Nattys Blue. Upper end, BOS, Glasur, few others :)

I've been using Autoglym HD on top of the Autoglym deep shine, gives an awesome wet look finish if you got the time to do it.

For silver, white and lighter metallic colours, Werkstat Acrylic is absolutely the business.

Darker colours tend to favour combinations such as the Blackfire kit: All Finish Paint Protection topped with Midnight Sun.

There is no 'best' wax, and in many cases sealants are a better bet - it just depends what your priorities are: Collinite, for example, doesn't give the best finish in the world, but it is ultra-durable. Others, like the R222 waxes, give a superb finish with a fairly short life span. It must be said that the new Raceglaze Black Label is utterly superb in just about every respect - it's easily on a par, if not superior, to Zymol Vintage: and I'm sure you all know how much Vintage costs.....

Keep an eye on our blog on the homepage as I'll be focusing on last stage products and paint protection shortly - just in time for winter prep.....

Look forward to it John and nice to see you chipping in. Hope all is well at PB buddy.

Oh and more info/reviews/thoughts on the Black Label as and when chap!!

Look forward to it John and nice to see you chipping in. Hope all is well at PB buddy.

Oh and more info/reviews/thoughts on the Black Label as and when chap!!

Yes, all is well at PB - just very busy so it's been a wee bit lacking on the forums of late - I'll try to rectify that.

Black Label: it's superb. As I said, it's easily the equal of Vintage which is itself, a true premium wax which offers a tremendous finish, excellent durability and is very easy to apply. I'd say Black Label is perhaps ever so slightly harder in the container than Vintage but this is actually a benefit as it makes it easier to apply a whisper thin film of it. I think, if Black Label cost 10x the price (circa £2,500) no-one would be disappointed by any aspect of its performance.

Rich's thoughts on Black Label are here: Raceglaze Signature Series Black Label | Raceglaze Car Care & Detailing Products

A customer of ours recently purchased a tub (well, it's a little bit more than a tub, seeing as it's billet aluminium, but you know what I mean!) of Black Label and shortly after won 1st place at a BMW Concours event.....

It's appearing in many of our details as we rate it very highly whilst those who have bought it for their own use are eqaully impressed with it. It will be making an appearance at our open day on Saturday for anyone who's heading round.

And no, before anyone asks, we don't do free samples of it! :icon_thumright:

number 1 has to be Supernatural, but if your price doesnt stem that far the AutoGlym High Def is as good!

number 1 has to be Supernatural, but if your price doesnt stem that far the AutoGlym High Def is as good!

Very good wax after a few coats.

Vics concourse is also v v good, collinite is a very durable product as lots of ppl have already said.

Will be buying Swissvax BOS v soon.

G