Surface rust spots from brake abuse

dope

alcoholic pervert
Reaction score
Our other car - silver BMW Z3 - has major surface rust spots down one side from a period of metal to metal brake abuse. It's like a fine orange mist from a distance but up close these are tiny (.25mm) dots of rust around bits of metal thrown up by the brakes.

It also has this same surface rust quite badly over one alloy wheel.

I tried Megs Cleaner Wax (after a pressure wash and Megs Soft Wash) on a small patch of paint and it seemed to remove the rust colour, but I think I could see black specks still. Should I persevere with the Cleaner Wax and rub harder, or use a different product?

And any suggestions for getting it off the alloy are welcome as I don't know where to start with that!

Cheers

Stop! If you rub away at the spots you are going to do damage. A far better solution would be to use an iron filing remover; this will make the task quick and efficient, and most importantly very safe. This is the product you need and it is simply awesome...

http://www.polishedbliss.co.uk/acatalog/aquartz-iron-cut-cat6.html

Check out the 'We Say', 'Description' and 'How To Use' tabs for full information and usage instructions. :sm4:

Thanks Rich. That looks like it going to make my life easier!

I'm guessing one 500ml bottle is going to be plenty for one application all over the car? And it looks like it's safe on the alloy wheel but I imagine I'm best off removing the wheels for treatment?