munchman s3

Gas it
Reaction score
the ultimate of all cars
lotus.jpg

lotus2.jpg

lotus carlton, it was that quick it got banned by the police haha

Brilliant cars.

Ive got an old brochure from when i was a vauxhall nut i'll try and find it.

If i remember correctly the finance deals/apr were mental.......something like £700 per month to get one back in 91/92!

its cool considering what was around then.
workmate said his was interesting to drive in wet/on ice.

My old mans senator 3.0 s6 was interesting enough to drive in the wet, dread to think what the lotus carltons were like,

That said, a real iconic car and I'd love to own one, but not with the current fuel prices... :(

Got a decatted Lotus Carlton on the rolling road next saturday the 28th Jan for power runs and logging.. I am like a big kid I cannot wait....lol

i once a few years back had a play of the lights in my subaru with a lotus carlton and he sadly blew a turbo of the lights...... i did stop to offer a hand but it was a little terminal for road side repair... whooooops great car and stunning looks for a large car for the 90's

I knew a guy that had one of these then had it resprayed white, he got thrown out the Vauxhall owners club for it :D

I had one of these a few years back. unfortunately I didn't have enough talent to keep it on the road.....

Sad times lucky me and my mate walked out of it.

Amazing how many people have " got a mate who"....pics or it didn't happen.

Was never banned by the police. they were just miffed because their 3.0 senators couldnt keep up.

It's so not a cool car, turn up for a date in that and she ain't leaving the house.

Big old ****.

Probably the fastest ive ever been in a car was a freind of a freinds LC about 5 years ago. Didnt realise how fast it was either untill i actually tried to focus on the road and then looked at the clocks. (i was passenger of course) Was up for sale, but way out of my budget, still was an experience!

Personally my all time fav is the 205 T16, ive toyed with one on the road and got humiliated in my cav turbo, but never been in one. :(

This must b a cool car as top gear used one to film a lot of their speed runs - so when they were going flat what did you think was in front filming ......... The Lotus Carlton.the camera man sat in the boot and just hung on ...

One of my top 5 all time cult fav cars. I do believe there is a LC up in Nairn in the garage on the left when you go out the Elgin road. Was there not long after they were released and Im sure its still there. Anyone up that area verify if it is and if so go and get some pics as its minted as it was never driven.

My mates bro has a lotus carlton. Hasn't been out of the garage in years.its only got 32k on the clock.i asked him how much would he take for that old taxi in the shed, hahaa.

My mates bro has a lotus carlton. Hasn't been out of the garage in years.its only got 32k on the clock.i asked him how much would he take for that old taxi in the shed, hahaa.

Be very, very careful. A Lotus owner for over 40-years I know only too well of the issues with the Lotus Carlton. When new it was a fabulous straight line dry weather car but then, as with most Lotus cars (I kept an Elan for 37-years) bits start to fall off and weekly maintenance becomes a must.

Most Lotus cars of that period were bespoke and with less than 1000 Lotus/Omega Carlton's made you can be certain that Lotus didn't fill any spare parts 'shed' with replacement parts...

Nice car mind; I still have original sales brochures, etc.

I love these cars. Know a bloke not too far away in North Wales that has one - he sometimes parks it behind the glass windows at his garage, spent a lot of time looking at it! - Its in mint condition too.

I also love the early 90's Vauxhall stuff (hence my username) - the Redtop era was the best Vauxhall era in my opinion, before all the emmissions rulings came into play.
Always wanted a GSi2000 when I was a kid, when I passed my test there werent many around anymore, plus insurance was ridiculous.
Did think about one the other year, but good ones are few and far between now - plus, prices are on the up.

Cumbria Police took Delivery of a fully "signed" up Lotus Carlton...think they had it 2/3 days and it was stolen, never to be found even though replendent in full "jam sandwich livery" with all lights etc :keule:

I had a hankering for his one until he told me what he would be looking for it.im into GM stuff aswell, have 3 manta,s in the shed at the mo in various states of dis-repair.

I drove an ex cop Gsi 2000 12v for a month , back end oversteer was predictable .

Great sized comfy car , that ended up sounding like a V8 tank , 8 holes counted in the exhaust system .

Chased down my brother in his Red top Astra Mk 3 Gsi , then a roundabout came into view like the Milenium Falcon coming out of light speed :eek:

Reactions: 45bvtc
And inside:

GSI%204_zps0wohgipn.jpg

SORRY, but it was a superb motor car - and then I changed to an Audi.

Reactions: spencetate and AlexGSi2000