Polo G40

LiverS3Mike

Reaction score
I owned one of these a few years back, it was probably the most fun i've had in a car, it was a pocket rocket, so rare and not many people knew much about them, if you could see the look on their faces in my rear view mirror as I raced pass. Priceless

Here's a few pics of my G40

DSC00032.jpg

DSC00061.jpg

DSC00055.jpg

Sub-zero. end of.

Planned to buy one when I sold my mk3 GT. Ended up getting the A3 1.8T as insurance was a kick in the teeth on a G40.

I will own one one day as a weekend toy...

Adding a supercharger to a **** does not make them cool, it makes it a supercharged **** - the fact you would have had to explain to someone that it was a 'special' polo makes it uncool on that basis alone - yet there are plenty more (thankfully a previous poster put some pics up to help my arguement).

There are many many other cars of that period that are better looking, handle better and are a lot quicker and ultimately a lot cooler

It's understated-ness is part of the appeal IMO. I'm also not convinced that there was much that was better looking in the same class :laugh: (Renult 5 Turbo...)
They had pretty much all the mod-cons for that era as well - bosch digifant multi-point injection for example. Add to that an engine that produced 153bhp/ton and a fair lump of torque off the shelf, and could easily make 240bhp/ton RELIABLY and you've got a winner!

Cool imo. I owned a Jetta GTi a few years back and i always used to pop round to the VW garage in the next street to see their display of cars, a few G40s, G60s, Supercharged... the whole lot. little pocket rocket for the early dubber :)

my humble opinion

These are very cool imo. So sad that it's almost impossible to find a standard one though :(

Super cool, I've owned one and owned my fair share of scooby's and Evo's in it round castle coombe...... Need I say more.

ended up selling it for a Skyline - when I have a garage I will have another one in a heart beat

Only previous owner would understand how much character this little cars have

G40 + Eaton = F**k load of fun