Mini John Cooper Works

A

AndyCollins

211bhp and 0-60 in 6.5sec.

Got the option of one as a company motor and am seriously considering it.

What do ya reckon?

MINI_JCW_1_Large.jpg

If you go onto the 8L S3 forum this car has just been topic of conversation.....S3 vs Cooper....will probably give you a good idea, personally i'd like to have ago in one but thats about it !!

The problem with today's Mini Cooper, is that they are so ****** common, nothing special about them, and it takes a trained eye to differentiate a JCW version. It has all the makings of a great car, but you need to be a hairdresser to drive one.

German owned car, resold back to us in a package as a british icon, and any owner has just bought into the marketing hype.

Enough said really...

Girls car, too cutesy.
Bet its great to drive, but cool it aint.

Not cool at all IMO, no offence to anyone.

Very fast and very capable I am sure, but certainly not cool.

If you go onto the 8L S3 forum this car has just been topic of conversation.....S3 vs Cooper....will probably give you a good idea, personally i'd like to have ago in one but thats about it !!

That was the old supercharged mini, the new 1.6 turbo is much better in terms of performance and economy.

I agree they do look girly but as a drivers car they are amazing and feel very muscular for a 1.6

About as cool as Harold Bishops slippers.
But faster, and lower emissions.

I have to say as a classic mini owner both the old (New) Cooper S and the New New Cooper S are both very cool my friend had the Gen 1 for about 3 years and has just changed it for the new shape with all the toys it is very comfy and quick. And IMO very cool especially all in black!

Until i drove one i agreed with most of the negative comments above... after driving a few of the Cooper S's (courtesy cars when the BM kept going wrong) my opinion changed immediately. Extremly fun when you want but also very usable day to day!

if you have a wander over to the Mini2 forum the next gen Mini JCW has a good write up, downside is that it wheel spins like crazy when putting the power down....unsure what its like in reality though as i havent driven one

Until i drove one i agreed with most of the negative comments above... after driving a few of the Cooper S's (courtesy cars when the BM kept going wrong) my opinion changed immediately. Extremly fun when you want but also very usable day to day!

Still doesn't mean its 'cool' though does it ....?

mother-in-law has one... she wants mine... I guess that gave me the cool or not answer...

I think she 62... so no.. not cool ;)

Maybe if your a 18 yr old girl then yeah???

EDIT>> sorry, that sounds a bit wankerishy.... its not meant to be! ;)P

mother-in-law has one... she wants mine... I guess that gave me the cool or not answer...

I think she 62... so no.. not cool ;)

Maybe if your a 18 yr old girl then yeah???

EDIT>> sorry, that sounds a bit wankerishy.... its not meant to be! ;)P

Mini- Good car, just not cool.

Wankerishy - Cool word

Cool with the roll cage and stipped out rear seats (thinks this an option???) I know someone that had one of the first gen and had to get rid as they said the suspension was rock hard on speed bumps etc but they were old though!